Attempted hijack

chris_w_65

I got to Northern Farm at 3pm today. Got out of the car and a single rider arrived back in the carpark and said some guys tried to hijack him at Fish Eagle Lake but he got away. I think I will stick to riding in the morning when it is busy there.

Edited by chris_w_65

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still intrigued! Are they after the bikes or the small possessions or both?

Edited by flymango

This is VERY worrying at NF. I thought things were ok there again... I usually go in the afternoons around 3pm as well. Being a female rider this is a major concern for me. Thanks for posting this, else i would not be aware of the situation.

PS: Is there security guards on week days??

I've seen them on weekends on the trails, but are they there on weekdays too?? :(

They should issue hunting licences and let hunters come to Northern Farm. Not to shoot game but to shoot hijackers. They could lie in the bush and wait for them, would probably make a good sport and Dirt*girl wouldn't be upset about them killing live things :D

YEAH! OPEN SEASON ON HIJACKERS!!!! :clap:

The you can trade them in for a 40% discount voucher at your LBS at the police station :thumbup:

They should issue hunting licences and let hunters come to Northern Farm. Not to shoot game but to shoot hijackers. They could lie in the bush and wait for them, would probably make a good sport and Dirt*girl wouldn't be upset about them killing live things :D

Did you call it a day when you heard there was an attempted hi-jack or was there other people around to go ride with.?

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Did you call it a day when you heard there was an attempted hi-jack or was there other people around to go ride with.?

Went home. There was another couple that said they were still going to ride but my girlfriend wasn't keen.

Went home. There was another couple that said they were still going to ride but my girlfriend wasn't keen.

Yeah, I would have done the same, no point in testing fate.