Saris Bones

Azi

I've been considering getting a Saris Bones strap-on bike rack. I've read they have a tendency for the 'feet' to scratch paint, and cause indentations in plastic bumpers, but nobody I know has had them for more than a few months. Anyone have long-term experience with these racks that they can share?

I got mine about 2-3 months ago, used it on a few variety of cars and never had any problems.

The feet are big rubber blocks don't see how they can scratch the paint.

If they leave indentations then your bumper definitely comes from Hong Kong :thumbdown:

Only time they will scratch is if you don't clean the feet before you put it on and there's grit in the rubber.

I've had mine for a year now and have had no problems. Have used it on 3 different cars, driven it on rough farm roads and over 1000km distances loaded with 3 bikes!!! Agree with all posts above about scratching etc. Make sure the feet is clean and you won't have any problems...haven't had any indentations.

have had mine for 2 years and same as above comments make sure is clean and the rubber clips. I didnt clean the clips, that clip on to the body of my car for a while and it scratched my car quite a bit. furthermore work softly with it, the parts are not very durable

Had one for 2 years. They are great and very versatile.

To protect your paint go to any motorbike shop(I know Yamaha Centurion have some) and buy a sheet of the clear M3 vinyl. Cut it slightly larger than the feet and apply to bumpers, boot, etc where the feet will be situated. You can easily remove it later and it is not UV protected so the paint won't be a different colour. :thumbup: