After a very muddy race...

Bman

Thats depressing - Blue R1 brakes and a babe in a bubblebath and I have neither, dammit must be the cycling tan scaring them off :lol:

WRT the lube, WD40 is just there to get the water out so things dont rust, then you lube them with whatever you normally use - i.e KY or Du, oop wait wrong thread

Thats depressing - Blue R1 brakes and a babe in a bubblebath and I have neither, dammit must be the cycling tan scaring them off :lol:

makes two of us!! and i dont even have enough cycling under the belt to have the cycling tan to blame :D

Take your bike to Good 2 Go - pay the small fee for them to clean it and check all the working parts are in order !

Take your bike to Good 2 Go - pay the small fee for them to clean it and check all the working parts are in order !

Keith you do that after every muddy or dirty ride? how much is the small fee?

One word:

POWASOL

Spray on, leave for 5 minutes and wash off with a hose pipe without the nozzle.

End of story. No more mud! Dry your chain and apply suitable lube. :clap:

One word:

POWASOL

Spray on, leave for 5 minutes and wash off with a hose pipe without the nozzle.

End of story. No more mud! Dry your chain and apply suitable lube. :clap:

Powasol? reckon it does the job that well mate? Where can i get my hands on that? How much is it?

I can't believe this topic is starting here as well!!

Guys, I drive a Yamaha WR450F dirt bike as well. This has been a very controversial topic on e-dirt.co.za (dirt bike forum)

In the end it comes down to whatever tickles your fancy and make you sleep at night... But what happens when oil (lube) and dust mix? GRINDING PASTE.

If you think about it, a chain does not need that much lubrication as the bushes roll with the sprocket. It does however need to be clean.

I'm not ditching anybody here, just my first hand experience and opinion. (and more and more dirt-bikers are finding this out by the day from experience)

I can't believe this topic is starting here as well!!

Guys, I drive a Yamaha WR450F dirt bike as well. This has been a very controversial topic on e-dirt.co.za (dirt bike forum)

In the end it comes down to whatever tickles your fancy and make you sleep at night... But what happens when oil (lube) and dust mix? GRINDING PASTE.

If you think about it, a chain does not need that much lubrication as the bushes roll with the sprocket. It does however need to be clean.

I'm not ditching anybody here, just my first hand experience and opinion. (and more and more dirt-bikers are finding this out by the day from experience)

hey man, what are you talking about?

hey man, what are you talking about?

Just use Q20 and start saving money. (I didn't want to give my opinion... go to www.e-dirt.co.za and see how long this discussion got!)

Just use Q20 and start saving money. (I didn't want to give my opinion... go to www.e-dirt.co.za and see how long this discussion got!)

oh okay i see :D thanks will give it a look..

Powasol? reckon it does the job that well mate? Where can i get my hands on that? How much is it?

Hey Bman,

Sorry for the delayed response. Things went mad at work and only just checked the thread... Powasol is available from Multitergent in Pinetown

Powasol

The guy to speak to is Klint Mills. All the details are on the site. I was using Prepsol and a mate gave me some Powasol to try. As soon as my "sample" is finished, I am buying in bulk! I used about half a 500ml spray bottle after the Outsurance Expedition on Sunday and my bike looks like new. It even takes the mud marks off your tyres. Spray, leave to soak for 5-10minutes and rinse. Try to stay away from your bearings though for obvious reasons...

Give it a bash. You won't be sorry :thumbup:

Edited by Grebel

Hey Bman,

Sorry for the delayed response. Things went mad at work and only just checked the thread... Powasol is available from Multitergent in Pinetown

Powasol

The guy to speak to is Klint Mills. All the details are on the site. I was using Prepsol and a mate gave me some Powasol to try. As soon as my "sample" is finished, I am buying in bulk! I used about half a 500ml spray bottle after the Outsurance Expedition on Sunday and my bike looks like new. It even takes the mud marks off your tyres. Spray, leave to soak for 5-10minutes and rinse. Try to stay away from your bearings though for obvious reasons...

Give it a bash. You won't be sorry :thumbup:

Hey grebel, no worries :) thanks so much for the reply and help! Will most def be stopping by next time im on my way up to kloof again and grab a bottle or two! :D :thumbup:

I find having a talented dedicated helper works...

I will try convince the GF to do this after a muddy ride, ha ha