Compression socks

Garfield2010

If they didn't do something positive, people with DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) would not wear them!

I used them for a niggling calf injury. Have you heard of R.I.C.E.?

Ja I normally have some with my C.U.R.R.Y.

If they didn't do something positive, people with DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) would not wear them!

I used them for a niggling calf injury. Have you heard of R.I.C.E.?

I have heard of "special fried rice" but not R.I.C.E

Actually the guy with the fastest bike split a few years back in the IM (Francois Chabaud or something like it) wore compression socks. He was in the lead until Ryanard and Steven Bayliss cought him on the second running lap.

Anywyas, I run with them and they definately makes a difference for me.

Actually the guy with the fastest bike split a few years back in the IM (Francois Chabaud or something like it) wore compression socks. He was in the lead until Ryanard and Steven Bayliss cought him on the second running lap.

Anywyas, I run with them and they definately makes a difference for me.

Ja, but were the guys who passed him wearing them? Win on Sunday, sell on Monday....

I use it during international travel all the time.

Really works well in terms of recovery and reducing fatique during long sedentary activity on da jet plane, :thumbup:

I would be interested to know how many of these athletes got to number one in their game through the use of these products and how many are paid to wear them :unsure:

Probably none because they werent available. Have you tried them Chris?

Have you tested them?

I have, and they work especially for my running. I'll be wearing them on Sunday just to p&ss everyone off. Does anyone have a power balance band I could borrow on Sunday???!!

Obviously no-one got to the top from compression, but they did get there and stay there by using a combination of things.

Nutrition

Training

Recovery

Talent

etc

Recovery works - everyone knows this

compression is part of recovery, nuff said

2. If you train like those guys do, your calves dont get sore

Your calves will probably get sore when you run up a hill, as hill work affects them the most - making them sore. I am guessing the treadmill doesn't have significant hill elavation or you don't use it particularly much.

The socks are supposed to restrict the bloodflow, just like ice would.