DC Preperation

Graveldonkey

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Graveldonkey

I spoke to my team Captain, he is very very nice man. He said you can join us in training this weekend. On friday we will be watching a funny video at his house. Saturday we will be watching the Bokke v Wales and then we will have our annual potjiekos competition. On Sunday after church we will be playing putt putt there by Sea Point, I was second last year and practised in the passage every night this week. My mother does not like it when we play in the house but my sister told her that it is only once a year and that she souldn't make such a racket.Please tell me you will be able to join us.

Your friend

Mr Legs

Hey, you seem to be knowledgable regarding Killarney. whats the deal, can a semi fit guy like me join? or do you have to go through Qualifying phases?

You need to do the Argus Cycle tour or the 94.7 in under 3 hours to qualify for Killarney. They tow you in the slipstream behind the V8's

Graveldonkey

I spoke to my team Captain, he is very very nice man. He said you can join us in training this weekend. On friday we will be watching a funny video at his house. Saturday we will be watching the Bokke v Wales and then we will have our annual potjiekos competition. On Sunday after church we will be playing putt putt there by Sea Point, I was second last year and practised in the passage every night this week. My mother does not like it when we play in the house but my sister told her that it is only once a year and that she souldn't make such a racket.Please tell me you will be able to join us.

Your friend

Mr Legs

Hey Mr Legs.

thats very nice of you. sounds good to me. will send you a Private message.

Hey, i have a funny Mr Miaggi Joke for you if you are German.

Your'e Sister....... Socks on!!? Socks off?

Thank GD,

I honestly think that until we get offical sponsorship from a bicycle company for our team, we should gaffer tape over the makes and models on the frame and our helmuts.

Mr Legs, you mentioned you have sister, does she cycle too? Whats her star sign?

Edited by ArchedBackChinOut

Thank GD,

I honestly think that until we get offical sponsorship from a bicycle company for our team, we should gaffer tape over the makes and models on the frame and our helmuts.

Mr Legs, you mentioned you have sister, does she cycle too? Whats her star sign?

Are all you seasoned riders this rude to the new guys?

You all started once, and where all new guys at one point of time, and I thought this will be a nice place for advice.

Isnt the cycling community suppose to be like a big family?

Are all you seasoned riders this rude to the new guys?

You all started once, and where all new guys at one point of time, and I thought this will be a nice place for advice.

Isnt the cycling community suppose to be like a big family?

Sorry that reply was for The rude rietrot guy, not to myself, see what I mean about being new and still learning.

Edited by ArchedBackChinOut

I will ask my sister all those questions when she comes back from the creche, my mom took her there to practise for the christmas concert.She is one of the angels, she looks so cute with her concert clothes.

Dude, not to pee on your battery, but if your dates are true according to your team captain, then you're in deep ****.

Good luck.

Your team captain clearly doesn't want you to ride the DC with them and is hoping you will actually go to swellendam in december, come on, all the guys here know the DC is in november, hey Mr Legs does your sister have power legs like you

I see every cyclist is a Joker. i struggle to take anyone serious. so im sticking to the dates my trustworthy Captain gave me. we doing a gruelling 30km cycle tomorrow for anyone that interested in joining. we could use a big group and nice tow. we are only looking for semi fit cyclist to balance the group well.

speaking of Balance, i ordered Balance bangles for my team for the DC but are unsure if we are going to need it. Is it that effective? and what difference will it make to our overall DC time? im also not sure what colour to go for. White seems a bit vulnerable to dirt, and black seems to be attracting the heat. is there any alternative colours available. and do you guys think the chinese copy "Calance Bunt" is as effective as the original? please share your thoughts. no idiot remarks please.

see you tomorrow at 8:30 sharp. PM me.

I see every cyclist is a Joker. i struggle to take anyone serious. so im sticking to the dates my trustworthy Captain gave me. we doing a gruelling 30km cycle tomorrow for anyone that interested in joining. we could use a big group and nice tow. we are only looking for semi fit cyclist to balance the group well.

speaking of Balance, i ordered Balance bangles for my team for the DC but are unsure if we are going to need it. Is it that effective? and what difference will it make to our overall DC time? im also not sure what colour to go for. White seems a bit vulnerable to dirt, and black seems to be attracting the heat. is there any alternative colours available. and do you guys think the chinese copy "Calance Bunt" is as effective as the original? please share your thoughts. no idiot remarks please.

see you tomorrow at 8:30 sharp. PM me.

The Chinese alternative bangle only works if you stop short and slam your sensitive bits into the punani bar. So put three or four of them in your shorts for protection. And turning your colour choice into a racist rant is another sickening low blow.

I'm abballed!!

Make sure you get two bands per rider and wear one on each ankle. Only one band will mean one leg is more power balanced than the other.

Another good option is the multi-rider band - made to order according to the size of your team. Easy to keep the group together this way. You'll be in good shape to take the first full team home prize.

so then the bands are a good idea? i would just like a Yes or a No?

are there any food stops on the DC route? it seems like we might not have a backup vehicle for the DC. i have advised my team mates to take Camelbacks for extra water incase we run out. who knows how long we will be riding.