94.7 MTB - Joburg's k@kest race?

JarradVZ

Ha ha, no worries! They really should have split that batch into 2. It was huge.

Yup, lots of litter, broken glass, wire, poo etc.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

after the race i thought (and mentioned to several people who agreed) that it was MUCH better than last year. there was no congestion, the singletrack (i DID see some) was nice - nothing technical, and it felt like a ride in a bikepark with all the loops, but 600m of vertical ascent is decent for a ride ride in the city. compared to any other previous year thie was great and i will go back.

the only thing i can complain about is that there was no congestion - so nowhere to rest a little bit.

well done 94.7!

I didn't do last year, perhaps they have made some improvements. But why not cut some track and then add on to it each year? Eventually you could have a lot of trails for the route planner to choose from.

Must confess I quite enjoyed the race. Did the 25 last year with my son but decided to let him ride on his own and do the 50 this year. Tuning the route definitely sorted the congestion problems. Enjoyed riding in leeukop (which I obviously did not do on last years 25). Must agree though that they could have done a bit more on the route prep. There was a big piece of wire (nice loops just wailing to hook in someones drivetrain) within the first km (and this was towards the front of A1 so I doubt whether someone went bushwacking and brought it onto the track). Could also have been better marked in places. Was almost taken out by a motorbike who ignored the marshals and shot the last road crossing over the Old Pretoria Road - suppose road crossings will always be an issue when a MTB event takes place in the city.

You looked stroooooong.

Fanks man, was having so much of fun and you know the rule .... must finish ahead of Dangerous Dan :thumbup:

Fanks man, was having so much of fun and you know the rule .... must finish ahead of Dangerous Dan :thumbup:

Thought you were going to hold back until tomorrow ??

Thought you were going to hold back until tomorrow ??

That 'was' the plan but the red mist you know :rolleyes:

Was discussing just today, it was mentioned that cyclists on the whole are a whining unappreciative lot, given last weeks whinge fest about van Gaalen being too hard and now today's 94.7 MTB not challenging enough etc etc .... It's hard to disagree.

Although I saw plenty folk who enjoyed themselves, from novices to 'seasoned' riders.

I'm going to enjoy watching this on tv. I wonder when this going to be aired? Well done Bryce! Showing some good form sure the sponsors will show interest!

Missed out on yesterdays race although I entered and my road batch starts in 15 mins! Stupid f*&cking cold!!! Now that is something to complain about!

New shop in Melrose arch is cool though. They have a great special on Spesh mtb shoes - the ones with the buckle clicky thing for R1229. Bought two pairs - one for me and one for the missus. Joys of retail therapy.