94.7 total entrys

Berry

I think many entered but did not start and many started but did not finish. The N14 looked like a war zone in the late afternoon.

The N14 is always the killer

punt, where is the girlfriend ?

She was at the finish waiting for me :blush: Good thing too, coz I wouldn't have made the cycle home! :clap:

There were actually 270 CHOC Cows! They all finished except 1 who crashed the ice-cream cart going down Jan Smuts. Broken collar bone and a couple of ribs (I think broken arm as well).

The highest race number I saw on the way to the start was in the 27500's.

I saw one in the 27900's.

Interesting though is that along with all the DNF's, I was late (ok VERY late) picking up my number on Saturday ... the place was already about 3/4 packed up. The boxes with all the uncollected numbers spanned the entire length of the number collection counter - literally thousands of numbers not collected. Whether these people rode without their numbers, or simply didn't ride, I don't know, but the DNS number and DNF number could easily reach the 10,000 mark if the number of finishers is taken into account.

I saw one in the 27900's.

Interesting though is that along with all the DNF's, I was late (ok VERY late) picking up my number on Saturday ... the place was already about 3/4 packed up. The boxes with all the uncollected numbers spanned the entire length of the number collection counter - literally thousands of numbers not collected. Whether these people rode without their numbers, or simply didn't ride, I don't know, but the DNS number and DNF number could easily reach the 10,000 mark if the number of finishers is taken into account.

Yeah, its usual. Life changes in between, when you enter an event 3-4 moths prior to riding.

I am pretty sure the Argus has the same issue, actually all events do when there is a long lead time between entering and the event.

I know the big road running events work on a minimum of a 10% not collecting their numbers and close to that not arriving on the day.