PLZ Help about a cube bike on Chain reaction

Philip Krugel

Hey hubbers can you help about the cube bikes on chain reactions there is a bike i want for R11 000 it is a hartail cube i want to know how is that bike is it a good deal and what size in cm is 20" thanx for your help

Have you tried the local Cube guys? They are very approachable. If the sizes are not on the Cube website, there's always the Google function for an inch to centimetre conversion or a review on that bike.

Hey hubbers can you help about the cube bikes on chain reactions there is a bike i want for R11 000 it is a hartail cube i want to know how is that bike is it a good deal and what size in cm is 20" thanx for your help

Bank on about 30% extra for import duties and VAT - your R11,000 bike will end up costing you about R14,300.

Also - if you have no idea how big a 20" bike is then I strongly suggest you try a bike shop locally that will physically fit you correctly to a bike. A 20" mtb is typically for someone over 6 foot tall...

Hi @Fox@

Please be more specific about the bike you looking for.

PM me and i am sure I will be able to anwser your questions and give you the dimensions.

Cant tell you much about Cube bikes but 20 inch = 51cm.

But this is not to be confused with Road Bike measurement procedures!

Hope this helps

Some suggestions for @FOX@!

#post a link to the exact bike

#learn to use google to make yourself look clever,ie searching "mtb bike sizing" or even "20 inches in cm"

#punctuation is recommended

#get a quote from the local agents

• 2 weeks later...

Be Independent! Bring it in yourself, who needs agents anyway?? Unless your little brother is the agent and you want to help him make money.

I ride a cube, size M, am 1.75m. Put a setback post with 110 to 120mm stem.

I will buy cube again, but will import it myself since the whole buying local with support is a bull**** sales story anyway.

Thing is, if ya wanna ride something like cube that is not very popular and well supported locally, then you got to plan ahead and be prepared to provide your own support. The world is getting smaller, so buying a full cube from crc might not be that different from buying it locally. I wouldn't suggest buying one from Saturn though, shipping might take to long!

Ashchest

It is cheaper to buy CUBE's locally.

And there are agents in the country that you want to import from too.

e.g.

CUBE ACID 2011 CRC: R10 800. Local : R 10 499.

CUBE STEREO RACE 2011 CRC: R36 000. Local : R 34 999.

CUBE XMS 2011 CRC: R16 300 Local : R 15 999.

And I am sure your LBS will be willing to give a discount if you ask nicely which you won't get from CRC.

And don't forget the setup, free service that usually comes with the LBS.

CUBE STEREO RACE 2011 CRC: R36 000. Local : R 34 999.

R 1000 difference here. Personally I think paying the extra R1000 might be worth it. I will gladly pay R1000 more and be independent. At least this way I will know from the start that I don't need to deal with a Local LBS who will probably try and milk me further every time I visit due to some issue on the bike. Paying R 1000 extra and not having the "local service and support from LBS" will hopefully infuse a sense of responsibility on my side knowing that the ball is in my side of the court the whole time. I will make sure a learn to tweak and fix everything myself, get the right tools...

Its a great bike a mate of mine rides a soft tail, also bought it from chain reaction.

Rather get your cube from your LBS and get the support if you need it.....

@ Ashchest - you not making sense bud.... little reminder about your cube you bought locally

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/38860-cube-vs-merida/page__hl__cube__st__20

"If you are stuck between the 2 bikes and thinking... oooh....should I get the cube or should I get the Merida....oooh....I don't know.....eish....what to do. Just get the cube.

Some advice. If you thinking of buying locally then rather wait untill the 2011 models are available, they are sooo hot! the 100 now a 110 with ietsie little bit 10mm travel extra (: and improved frame and paint job!

I see there are still 2010 models available on CRC for seriously crazy low prices!!

I bought my cube locally 2000km ago and had no reason for taking it back except for busting the rear hub, but that was my wrong going down breedts too fast without tightening the rear QR properly , anyway, LBS replaced the hub for free!

C'mon guys, buy them cubes and let us see more of them on the trails!!!"

Ashchest. It's R1000.00 difference just to make the purchase. Chances are you'll be charged some kind of import fee/tax when you want to collect it.

You also say that that the LBS will milk you, but on another post you say how they changed the rear hub for free. Yeah, that's milking you. I wish my LBS milked me like that!

R 1000 difference here. Personally I think paying the extra R1000 might be worth it. I will gladly pay R1000 more and be independent. At least this way I will know from the start that I don't need to deal with a Local LBS who will probably try and milk me further every time I visit due to some issue on the bike. Paying R 1000 extra and not having the "local service and support from LBS" will hopefully infuse a sense of responsibility on my side knowing that the ball is in my side of the court the whole time. I will make sure a learn to tweak and fix everything myself, get the right tools...

Why would anybody pay MORE to get soemthing over the net rather than their LBS :blink: :blink:

I mean if you're saving 30 to 60% great but pay more!!? even if the local price was R1k more I would take it.