Campy Veloce vs Shimano 105

LazyLab

Have the opportunity to upgrade to a Bianchi 928 C2C but not sure which group to keep. The Bianchi has Campy Veloce brakes, FD & RD with Chorus crank 172.5 and Centaur STI's. My current bike has full Shimano 105 group fitted - 2006 model just after the flightdeck facelift. Any advice?

Have the opportunity to upgrade to a Bianchi 928 C2C but not sure which group to keep. The Bianchi has Campy Veloce brakes, FD & RD with Chorus crank 172.5 and Centaur STI's. My current bike has full Shimano 105 group fitted - 2006 model just after the flightdeck facelift. Any advice?

I hate to say this but the kempekkernoglia has the better specs.

But crapagnola has those stupid thumb shift buttons, I would go for the 105, but not my choice.

Those "stupid" thumb shift buttons are just brilliant.

I ride Campagnolo (previously on 105), and I love it. Yes, it's different, yes it takes 5 minutes to get used to. The sensation of changing up a gear with a flex of the thumb is just plain lovely.

And even if Campagnolo sucked...hey, it's an Italian bike, it needs an Italian gruppo.

...and start saving up for a pair of Sidis too!

Ridden campy just can't get used to it. My SRAM is way better. Can change up and down when sprinting without moving my hands out the drops.

On the road Campy, on the trail SRAM, all else is a compromise.

Yes this is a broad generalisation, but trust me on this.

Ridden campy just can't get used to it. My SRAM is way better. Can change up and down when sprinting without moving my hands out the drops.

should have been in the correct gear before you start sprinting mate. have you been winning any sprints while changing gears?

Not being able to get used to Campy does not make it stupid, but it says something about your ability to learn!

Interesting factoid about Campy, you can change up and down at least half a cluster in one sweep, o if you are climbing or suddenly spinning out of gears, you can do a wild jump to the correct gear, unlike shimano........

and yes with practice you can do it in the drops too, just strength your thumbs, (do sms drills if you must)

The man has kempekker and Shimano..... stick to the topic Stevie..... concentrate and drink your Ritalin!!!!!!

@big H : I hate the fact that you don't know how to spell campagnolo

At least you have one part right..... you cannot use a capital letter.... the rest I use is correct.