Campy Veloce vs Shimano 105

LazyLab

Dammit they must have given me a placebo instead of ritalin!

Yuck ..... you eat placenta!!!!!!!

placebo, placenta not quite the same thing.

Exactly Shimano, kempekkernoglia, Sram .... not the same thing

Thanks for all the usefull (and not so usefull general) bits. At least I know who is on Ritalin. I learn pretty fast so getting used to the thumbshifting should be a breeze! The Centaur STI's are really good looking with the carbon levers.

Seems to me that the Campy outfit is slightly higher spec and seems lighter with all the skeleton designs; so, Campy it will be!

Anyone looking for a 2006 Raleigh RC6000 with full 105?

The only advantage that Veloce has over 105 is about 200grams in weight. Other than that your choice is determined by what you think looks the nicest and whether you like the button on the side or not.

They are both good quality, mid range groupsets and both do the job equally as well.

I must admit that I agree with some of the other posts, a Bianchi must have Campagnolo on it.

Just to set the record straight. Camp Magnolia does not and never has made STIs (also see the non-use of an apostrophe). STI stand for "Shimano Total Intergration". That means that Sram (not Shram or Es-ram) also does not make STIs.

Just to set the record straight. Camp Magnolia does not and never has made STIs (also see the non-use of an apostrophe). STI stand for "Shimano Total Intergration". That means that Sram (not Shram or Es-ram) also does not make STIs.

:clap: :clap: :thumbup: they should call it shiters rather :)

Shimano for me, just always been a fan and never given me problems...

OK - I'll stay with Campi and keep the Italian spirit going! I've only ridden 105 and cannot comment on the Campi performance. One thing is certain, the thumb shifters are much faster than the Shimano and the carbon brake levers really look the part!