If I do THIS, I will have my best possible race...

'Dale

My partner sticks my nr onto my racing jersey...

I wear only 1 pair of fave 'racing' socks per season - always fresh, washed and squeecky clean...

On my final training ride, I head to my LBS and ask the bike technician there to pump up ma wheels to 8.0...

:)

And you?

Edited by AirBender

No real pre-race ritual. Just make sure that all my cycling gear are ready for next morning, bottles made and in fridge, pre-race meal ingrediants set out and ready, wheels pumped to recommended pressure (I do let most of the air out and put in "fresh" air) and lube the chain. I have a sportbag where my shoes, helmet, gloves, chip, etc is placed in. Make double/triple sure everything is there.

Morning of race I get dressed, (socks on last, left one on first :P ), eat, pack my car and go to the race.

I wear only 1 pair of fave 'racing' socks per season - always fresh, washed and squeecky clean...

On my final training ride, I head to my LBS and ask the bike technician there to pump up ma wheels to 8.0...

And you?

Maybe you should ask for a pump for christmas

Maybe you should ask for a pump for christmas

It's just not da same, man... :P There's faster air at my LBS.

Edited by AirBender

If I ride my bike as much as possible in the weeks leading up to the race, I will have my best possible race... :P

Edited by Edam

And you?

You trying to lose your man card?

Why not go the whole hog and have a manicure and facial while you're about it?

Note - I have absolutely no idea what these things are, but Mrs bikemonster rates them highly...

If I ride my bike as much as possible in the weeks leading up to the race, I will have my best possible race... :P

Cheeky, Edam, cheeky! :w00t:

I had a fav cycling jersey. Crashed at Cullinan and tore the shirt in half!

The I got a black and white Fox shirt and black world cup champion socks...And in races that I wore that, I did good...Check my avatar - I am wearing it there - although I sucked in this race! :-)

Make sure I have at least 2 training rides 4 to 5 weeks before the race that are at least 1,5 times longer that the race itself.

It all depends on how CHAOTIC it was in the shop the day before the race. :blink:

The past two weekends I've been completely rushed and unorganised, BUT had two great races at DC & Burger.

So perhaps the secret for me is to stay busy as much as possible as not to get too worked up the day before the race. :thumbup:

You trying to lose your man card?

Why not go the whole hog and have a manicure and facial while you're about it?

Note - I have absolutely no idea what these things are, but Mrs bikemonster rates them highly...

My wife says that her Pilates class has more men than women in it - most are cyclists! :P

Edited by AirBender

I have to do some "carbo loading" the night before! :P

The only race of the year where I didn't have a couple of drinks the night before was the Fast & Furious and it was the worst race I've ever done. Or rather, the race was good, my legs weren't.

But that is a mistake I won't make again! ever!

Uhm, yes, it's obvious... there's something wrong with me! :lol:

Pack everything the night before the race, not race morning. Otherwise, even if I do have everything, I still wonder whether I've forgotten something. (That's because I usually would have forgotten something.)

Having a nice spanish steak the evening before. Rare so I don't destroy all the natural flavours. Oh, and with a fine glass of orange juice.