Road Wheels for heavier Riders?

Heckflosse

Nice post from last year, I'm in need of reliable wheels, I actually looking at buying the Mavic cosmic elite 2011, any other recommendations out there for heavy rider wheels for 2011 and 2012 wheelsets are very welcome, a little help is needed.

Easton EA 90 SL....heavier than the SLX .....R4 hubs, 24 spokes front, 28 rear. Built for the heavier rider.

If you need more strength,then go for a custom build....DT 240 hubs, 32 spoke front and rear, Ambrosio or Mavic rims, 25mm tyres and you set for life.

Nice post from last year, I'm in need of reliable wheels, I actually looking at buying the Mavic cosmic elite 2011, any other recommendations out there for heavy rider wheels for 2011 and 2012 wheelsets are very welcome, a little help is needed.

Very happy with my Campagnolo Eurus

Spinergy - no weight limit - spokes 6 to 8 times stronger than steel! www.spinergy.com

Very good wheels! I had them and they were great.

Edited by Alpina

Afraid to post my weight here but lets say they don't make wheels for my weight as standard. I ride spinergy and haven't had an issue. Spin fast and have been true to date. Also cartridge bearings so simple to maintain the bearings part

I weigh more or less the same as you and had a pair of Mavic Ksyrium ELites for about 4 years (±25000km) with no problem at all. I now ride the SL's for about 2 years and have done about 15000km with them with 2 spokes breaking on the drive side of the rear wheel. So I am of the opinion that the Elites are as they say bomb proof. :thumbup:

Very happy with my Campagnolo Eurus

Ditto, they can carry over 140kg's. rode a set for a while and did not have one problem and they light. If you want something more aero you can look at the Dura Ace carbon 50. NO weight limit.

Ditto, they can carry over 140kg's. rode a set for a while and did not have one problem and they light. If you want something more aero you can look at the Dura Ace carbon 50. NO weight limit.

Somebody came in to a shop the other week when I was there, light guy (70-75) with the C50's.

Didn't hear what happened but he snapped 4 spokes.

not sure what went down.