Maxxis Crossmark - Good Tyre?

MattyG

Good or bad tyre for front end.  

20 members have voted

1. 1. good or bad tyre for front end..based on grip sidewall protection etc etc..not weight

• good
    • bad
    • ok -but there are better tyres for that price(if so comment in thread)

from that i take it you running tubeless??if so hows the wear?? and by not as strong as u hoped..what exactly do you mean please?

Yes im running tubeless. The tyres last quite long, longer than I expected though. Rode 150km on tar this week and all looking good with minimal wear. I've had a few thorns I had to take out and plug but nothing serious. Some say go for lighter tyres and all depends, do you want to finish fast or do you want to finish...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't go as far to put DH tyres, but def something that can take more abuse. As the DH tyres don't have very good rolling resistance and weigh around 1.3kg per tyre.

I'd say try nevagals if you really want to go for a DH tyre Maxxis Minnion very good tyre and very predictable or even High rollers.

Crossmark foldable non-UST at the back, and Schwalbe Rocket Rons (again flodable non-UST) for the front have been doing thier thing for the past year, without any punctures, cuts or the like.

matty

i ride hardpack most of the time ie. jonkershoek, and the monorail is a very good tyre upfront, i won't go crossmark upfront. i have had a conti moutainking on aswell, also very good, grips just as good as monorail, i just think the monorail is faster.

Maxxis Lust is good, worth the weight and the money!

happy riding :)

joh..hard to decide..i think guys im just gna use my current black jacks ..intill they worn out..then mayb get a mountain king for the front.or monorail..mmmm hard choice

Back away from the crossmark idea.

I have one on the back, but only because my previous tyre got slashed and I had a crossmark and I know they last forever. Up front the 2.1Nevegal is a beauty.

I've heard that cutting the round blocks off between the square knobs on the shoulder of the tyre helps for cornering. But that might just be a rumour.