235 kmph and we cycle on that road

Vetseun

Have the typical ANC solution pass another book full of laws and do nothing about policing them. Remember speed does,nt kill its the sudden stop .

Edited by Peter L

i caught myself doing 140 on the n2 coming up to hospital bend, just having overtaken someone who was in all fairness driving like a total ponce. thing is, i just happened to look at my speedo, it just didn't feel like 140. And.. I really am making an effort to stick to the limits these days. A silly slip is what it takes to make a huge stuff up

what is the issue? we all speed! what is the diff 1km/hr over or 500km/hr over?

my 2c

the difference is 499 km/hr over to be exact

He got 9 months or R15000 fine, but because he apologised, he gets to keep his job...

The new law states the if you are 30kmh and 40kmh above the urban and national speed limits you lose your licence. Now if this tjop does not lose his he will set a legal precedent.

Eish, then I'm one lucky guy. I was caught at 150km/h on the way back from the Berg(N3 to Durbs), got caught on a uphill of all places. Was expecting a massive fine, which the cop showed me would be R1500, I told him the story of me seizing my engine on the way up to the Berg and how much it was going to cost me to sort out(which is true), he asked me what I could afford to pay, I said R500 as I was guilty and apologised for my wrong doing. Now when a cop asks you how much you can pay, I was expecting a bribe. He then said to me how about R600, so I said how about R400. He then looked at my Bantam bakkie, asked me what I did for a living then said to me, stop speeding & then let me off. Phew - some days it just pays to be honest.

Let's hope he only used to take home R60 000. From what I hear, he'll be suspended because of his new criminal record ... oh, but wait, they usually do that on full pay. For years and years.

Ha in the ANC to be promoted you need at least one sustainable criminal offence commited as part of your KPA, and if your found guilty your KPI rating goes up.

Eish, then I'm one lucky guy. I was caught at 150km/h on the way back from the Berg(N3 to Durbs), got caught on a uphill of all places. Was expecting a massive fine, which the cop showed me would be R1500, I told him the story of me seizing my engine on the way up to the Berg and how much it was going to cost me to sort out(which is true), he asked me what I could afford to pay, I said R500 as I was guilty and apologised for my wrong doing. Now when a cop asks you how much you can pay, I was expecting a bribe. He then said to me how about R600, so I said how about R400. He then looked at my Bantam bakkie, asked me what I did for a living then said to me, stop speeding & then let me off. Phew - some days it just pays to be honest.

See thats whats wrong with this country, (not the fact that you got off) but there is an assumption that becuase i drive a fairly decent car i can pay a nice fat fine, where the schmuck from khayaletia driving a unroadworthy beat up unsafe 1962 ford, looks like he wont be able to afford R50 for a fine.

So ill get fined R1000 and he will get fined R50 for the same offence commited on the same peace of road. Besides these chops are still taking chances AARTO specifies the maximum amount you are liable to pay as per offence so these rent a blobs have got no say anymore, they can can be replaced pre printed notepad.

See thats whats wrong with this country, (not the fact that you got off) but there is an assumption that becuase i drive a fairly decent car i can pay a nice fat fine, where the schmuck from khayaletia driving a unroadworthy beat up unsafe 1962 ford, looks like he wont be able to afford R50 for a fine.

So ill get fined R1000 and he will get fined R50 for the same offence commited on the same peace of road. Besides these chops are still taking chances AARTO specifies the maximum amount you are liable to pay as per offence so these rent a blobs have got no say anymore, they can can be replaced pre printed notepad.

Would have been interesting if he had caught me in my other truck(the one that siezed on the way there) I wonder if he would have let me off. But right from the offset I said I was speeding & admitted I was in the wrong. So who would have learnt more by the experience, the rich guy in a fancy car or me(average joe)? I tell you I learnt from it big time, which is what is suppossed to happen when youre caught speeding. Im 99.9% of the time not a speedy driver(this was my first offense since I was 19).

I agree with your sentiments about being honest if you were speeding, and even that you only got let of with a warning mate. I have no problem with that.

My problem is his comments about what kind of car a person drives to determine the price of the fine.