Weightloss Challenge v 1.1

Gravity

155 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a weightloss challenge?

• Yes, that would be cool
    • No Fatso go eat another cheeseburger

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look what I chowed for the whole day. I may have 50g of cheese later but I don't think so because I am pretty full

This includes 2 Capuchinos :drool: I don't take sugar though

Chris what is the name of this program you using to track the kCal? Looks very user friendly

Chris what is the name of this program you using to track the kCal? Looks very user friendly

It is www.fatsecret.com - someone else posted it earlier in the thread so I won't take credit.

If you have a heart rate monitor that tracks Calories then I suggest you choose sedentary as your activity level and add the exersise manually, it will be much more accurate.

post-18048-0-04719300-1294776271.jpg

Foods you don't find in the online database you can add in your own database, I added Provita, Tuna and a whole load of other stuff. Lucky everything I eat comes out of a packet with all the info on.

morning workout cut short due to late wake-up. Damn alarm!

only got in 750kCal in 45 mins...

Still got Tokai session this arvie though - should be a great day for exercise!

Hey folks - I see someone requested I pop the sheet on here - If you have any questions on it just shout.

How it works –

• Enter actual and target weights with the time frame

• Select your activity level (excluding exercise) (it’s a drop down) which will impact on your base output, as you say your normal energy output for ‘doing nothing’.

• Fill in the input and exercise with the corresponding kCal and copy the balance to the 3rd sheet for the balance of that day.

The kCal target is based on a pound of body fat equating to 3500kCal, and its divided by 0.45 (pound to kg) so is actually nearly doubled to get to kCal per kg of body fat.

In other words to loose a pound you must have a 3500kCal deficit and to loose a kg you must have a (3500/0.45) 7777kCal deficit.

Basic kCal balance.zip

Hey folks - I see someone requested I pop the sheet on here - If you have any questions on it just shout.

How it works –

• Select your activity level (excluding exercise) (it’s a drop down) which will impact on your base output, as you say your normal energy output for ‘doing nothing’.

• Fill in the input and exercise with the corresponding kCal and copy the balance to the 3rd sheet for the balance of that day.

The kCal target is based on a pound of body fat equating to 3500kCal, and its divided by 0.45 (pound to kg) so is actually nearly doubled to get to kCal per kg of body fat.

In other words to loose a pound you must have a 3500kCal deficit and to loose a kg you must have a (3500/0.45) 7777kCal deficit.

Basic kCal balance.zip

Thank you for posting the spreadsheet!

How it works –

Basic kCal balance.zip

Thx for the spread sheet :clap:

Not opening up ,says file corrupted, any body else ?

Thats random, I can open it up...weird.

Cant post the excel sheet for some reason, when I try and upload it fails.

Will still email to those who want.

so what are the favourate weightloss foods so far, i.e. the stuff that one can eat indecent qquantities that tastes good too?

top of my list

• Ostrich fillets (right on top of my list)
  • woolies stew (the ones freshly made in packets, think its only like 350kj (so not even 100cKal) per 100g
  • woolies cottage pie
  • woolies greek lamb something
  • mielie pap (weighless allow more pap per portion than for instance pasta or potatoes)

sushi??

and who uses pedra cut?

Thats random, I can open it up...weird.

Cant post the excel sheet for some reason, when I try and upload it fails.

Will still email to those who want.

PM for you

just clocked another 1096kCal at the gym. Lekker.

Fav foods:

Pronutro (a new discovery - never liked it before)

home-made chicken kebabs, seasoned with salt, pepper & chicken spice & put on the braai...

stir-fry (just 5ml veg oil) seasoned with soy sauce & chilli

I must admit one thing.

1. I grossly under estimated the importance and value of a HRM when you train, as it does make sure that keep a much better eye on your heart, very important!!! You may just die!! and it tracks your actual calorie burn, far more accurate than my cycling computer and/or BB does