bakkie options...

vinylguy

hi

ok so i got a nissan np200 bakkie and need to find options to put my bikes on the back... easiet/safest way ect

what does everybody use that has a bakkie??

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi

ok so i got a nissan np200 bakkie and need to find options to put my bikes on the back... easiet/safest way ect

what does everybody use that has a bakkie??

Have a Landcruiser ,and have not used anything in the past but just loaded the bike and strapped it to the "Skaap trallies" ,althoough I bought a Raleigh "Ride On" Carrier this December and beacuse its so lightweight will be using it instead.:)

Nissan Hardbody double cab, so the load bed isn't the longest. Normally load three bikes standing up with the front wheels removed. The wheels sit between the bikes and keep them upright.

where do i get the quick release holder thingies?? for the front fork??

Edited by tyerone

Ty have a look on bicyclepower.co.za they have the kool rack that fits in the back of a bakkie im sure this is what you looking for

Ty have a look on bicyclepower.co.za they have the kool rack that fits in the back of a bakkie im sure this is what you looking for

+1

My bike lies down nicely in my Colt Club, quick and easy. When I am travelling with a load I simply strap it on top of the cover, I have a few of those straps that ratchet. You might think of just standing it upright diagonally, front wheel tucked into a corner and secured with such straps.

I just bought a new bakkie and will soon have finished building a NICE bike rack for it. 2 bikes only... Will post pics when I'm done.

The plan is to bolt a small bracket to the lip of the "front side" of the bed. It's got tapped holes in it, so I won't have to drill / modify the bed in any way

My cycling partner has a corsa bakkie.

He just welded a piece of square tubing together, with the "brackets" for the skewers and then made sure it fits securely to the sides. Voila, two mtb's fit comfortbly.

I've seen bakkies with a Roll bar where the okes just put Holdfast skewer thinga majix on as well...really doesnt have to cost you and arm and a leg

Corsa Utility - size does not matter!

I load 2 bikes on the back and hold them into place with an old raod bike tube tied around the front fork. This holds the bikes upright and secure. Takes me 5 seconds to load and affload the bikes. In between the bikes I put a plastic box that holds all our cycling gear!

I also drive a Colt Club. I use my indoor trainer as a base to keep my bike stable, and then strap around the seat post to each side of my bakkie to make sure it doesn’t tip when taking a corner.

Corsa Utility - size does not matter!

I load 2 bikes on the back and hold them into place with an old raod bike tube tied around the front fork. This holds the bikes upright and secure. Takes me 5 seconds to load and affload the bikes. In between the bikes I put a plastic box that holds all our cycling gear!

please wont you send me a pic...

Edited by tyerone