XT cassette 11-32t or 11-34 t?

Bman

hi guys, need a new cassette and keen to get it off CRC on special at mo.

whats the difference between 11-32t and 11-34t? Is that how many teeth on inside ring to outside ring being 32 or 34? Whats better or is there even a difference in riding with the two? advice please :D

Depends what type of riding you are doing.

I would go for 34, its good all round ratio and good enough for most climbs.

For hectic climbs some are using 36 !!!!

But you can normally walk faster than riding a 36...

Riding normal mountain biking and competing in races during the year.. so 34 would be easier option to go for then?

If you run a normal 22-32-42 crankset a 32t casett is more than fine, I find the difference between cogs are smaller so one doesnt get that "in between gears" feel as much.

The 36's are perfect for 2 blade cranksets when youre running a 28 - 42t blade

34t are col if you are large or unfit, or your bike weighs 15kg's

If you run a normal 22-32-42 crankset a 32t casett is more than fine, I find the difference between cogs are smaller so one doesnt get that "in between gears" feel as much.

shot for that :thumbup: bikes def no 15kg's, sub 11 at the moment and running normal crankset so 32t seems the more then fine choice thanks :clap:

thats the answer

I you ride flattish terrain, go 32. Yes, I know all the persons with the surname of Norris, BMI's below 19, body fat percentages below 9% and resting heart rates below 40 bpm ride a 32 as the smallest chainring and a 32-11. Good for you. But we are not all immortal.

BUT ask yourself the following question. Were you in the top 10% in your last 75 km mtb marathon? If not, think of that nasty 100m climb that you had to do at 65km. Didn't you wish you had another gear?

What are you riding at the moment? If the present ratios are working for you, get the same.

thanks for all the comments fella's, will go for the 32, its whats always been on the bike and i dont want to change what is doing the job just fine then :D

thanks for all the comments fella's, will go for the 32, its whats always been on the bike and i dont want to change what is doing the job just fine then :D

When I replace my 32 cluster i got (by accident) a 34 cluster. Will not go back to 32. Helps with very steep hills

I run a 36T single ring up front and a 11-32T at the back (on a ±17kg bike). Sure there are hills that I push up... but that's cos I'm lazy. When I have decided not to be lazy I can climb some pretty steep stuff at good pace.

As mentioned earlier... if the ratio was any lower then you'll be going so slow you may as well walk.