UPDATE: Does anyone know Preston Luke Scott from KZN

chris c

Hi Guys, I'm gutted if this is true. I "bought" the Mavic wheelset and did an EFT on Friday......I have'nt heard from Luke Scott from yesterday (Tuesday). I only communicated via e-mail

railed69@live.com

manager@globalro3.co.za

He said he was from Estcourt and he indicated he rides a cannondale Scapel. I normally only buy from seasoned hubbers, but being new to the hub myself and felt that someone has to start somewhere...Is this a lesson or what.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest agteros

Hi Guys, I'm gutted if this is true. I "bought" the Mavic wheelset and did an EFT on Friday......I have'nt heard from Luke Scott from yesterday (Tuesday). I only communicated via e-mail

railed69@live.com

manager@globalro3.co.za

He said he was from Estcourt and he indicated he rides a cannondale Scapel. I normally only buy from seasoned hubbers, but being new to the hub myself and felt that someone has to start somewhere...Is this a lesson or what.

co.za lookup

0a. lastupdate : 07/01/2010 10:53:44 SAST

0b. emailsource : domains@gridhost.co.za

0c. emailposted : Thu, 07 Jan 2010 10:52:14 +0200

0d. emailsubject : Register Domain

0g. historycount : 1

0h. invoiceno : 1446680

0i. contracttype : NEW

0j. rcsversion : $Revision: 1.215 $ $Date: 2009/06/08 12:57:41 $

1a. domain : globalro3.co.za

1b. action : N

2a. registrant : Gridhost -

2b. registrantpostaladdress: Postnet 9,Private Bag X5516,Scottburgh,Kwa-zulu Natal,ZA,4180

2c. registrantstreetaddress: Postnet 9,Private Bag X5516,Scottburgh,Kwa-zulu Natal,ZA,4180

2d. amount : 50.00

2e. paymenttype : I

2f. billingaccount : Gridhost

2g. billingemail : dnsaccounts@gridhost.co.za

2i. invoiceaddress : P.O Box 1546 Gallo Manor 2052

2j. registrantphone : 0313045367

2k. registrantfax :

2l. registrantemail : domains@gridhost.co.za

2n. vat : 4680224369

3a. operationaldate : 2010/01/07 10:53:44

3b. cname :

3c. cnamesub1 :

3d. cnamesub2 :

4a. admin : Bonthuys Tracy

4b. admintitle : DNS Administrator

4c. admincompany : Global Ro3 Liquids (PTY) Ltd

4d. adminpostaladdr : Postnet 9, Private Bag X5516, Scottburgh, Kwa-zulu Natal, ZA, 4180

4e. adminphone : 0313045367

4f. adminfax : 0866521599

4g. adminemail : domains@gridhost.co.za

4h. adminnic :

5a. tec : Department, Tech

5b. tectitle : DNS Administrator

5c. teccompany : Gridhost

5d. tecpostaladdr : P.O Box 1546 Gallo Manor 2052

5e. tecphone : 0878068600

5f. tecfax : 0866521599

5g. tecemail : domains@gridhost.co.za

5h. tecnic :

6a. primnsfqdn : ns1.my-server4.co.za

6b. primnsip :

6c. primnsipv6 :

6e. secns1fqdn : ns2.my-server4.co.za

if its sitting at over 30K it is deffinately time to get the police involved, even contact gumtree and inform them, I had an issue before like this and Gumtree was very helpfull.

This sh!t has to stop....right now...

@ADMIN...why can we not have a seperate buy / sell section where:

(1) you have to register properly...with full disclosure of one's details i.e id doc / proof of residence & banking details...that sort of stuff.

I'd feel much more comfortable doing deals if that was the case....

(2) no pseudonyms etc. are being used? That way traceability is better... If you have nothing to hide then i'd like to do bussiness with you...BUT if you cannot even supply me with your basic details...then it is simply dodgy!!

(3) Admin will /can have only access to those "confidential" details...and in case a deal goes south...then Admin can supply such details to Police or affected party...

(4) after all - have you seen the amount of personal info needed to register on PPA website? ARGUS entry etc.?

C'mon, lets do something proactive here and become a leader in web based trading...other may just learn from THEHUB and adopt our bussiness model!

What is so difficult about my suggestion?

Guest agteros

(1) you have to register properly...with full disclosure of one's details i.e id doc / proof of residence & banking details...that sort of stuff.

First FICA, then RICA, now H(ub)ICA? :D

Ive had the conversation with the guys at Gumtree about them getting peoples personal details when it comes to bicycle sales , and although they agree its a good idea, they dont want to go down this road in protecting people. They said in no uncertain terms that they are not "e-bay" I agree that this needs to be sorted out soon with ADMIN, peoples details need to be taken down, and then verified. Its the only way to stop this from happening.

(2) no pseudonyms etc. are being used? That way traceability is better... If you have nothing to hide then i'd like to do bussiness with you...BUT if you cannot even supply me with your basic details...then it is simply dodgy!!

(3) Admin will /can have only access to those "confidential" details...and in case a deal goes south...then Admin can supply such details to Police or affected party...

(4) after all - have you seen the amount of personal info needed to register on PPA website? ARGUS entry etc.?

C'mon, lets do something proactive here and become a leader in web based trading...other may just learn from THEHUB and adopt our bussiness model!

I had to do all of that on rcmart.com, and I agree there, full proof of details and everything!

Would that have prevented this, I don't know. We know what his "name" is, his "address" even a cell no. But are they legit, that is another story all together. He could have supplied admin with all those "details" and this still would have happened.

Admin cannot exactly go around checking if piet pompies is piet pompies

i agree. come on Admin.

If you got a response from him on "manager@globalro3.co.za" then there is a very good chance of contacting the contact listed in the whois, either directly or through the police:

admin : Bonthuys Tracy

title : DNS Administrator

company : Global Ro3 Liquids (PTY) Ltd

postaladdr : Postnet 9, Private Bag X5516, Scottburgh, Kwa-zulu Natal, ZA, 4180

phone : 0313045367

Sounds like a legit business and they would know who has access to that e-mail address etc.

Would that have prevented this, I don't know. We know what his "name" is, his "address" even a cell no. But are they legit, that is another story all together. He could have supplied admin with all those "details" and this still would have happened.

Admin cannot exactly go around checking if piet pompies is piet pompies

What he meant is get a certified copy of ID,etc...send it to thehub admin and they then give you rights to sell...you dont have to start a whole file. I am sure if it happened to you you will react in the same way as everyone of us