Cape Town Ride - Sunday Jan 23

bikemonster

Some of you are aware that I am leaving these shores for Aussie fairly soon. So soon in fact, that Sunday (Jan 23) will be my last chance to ride my bike before it is packed away for its ocean voyage. I’d really like it if some of my imaginary friends could join me for the ride.

To make that last Cape Town ride a special one, I’m going to ride from Mouille Point (park near John O’Connor Cycles/Newport Deli). The route will be along the coast to Hout Bay, over Constantia Nek and then into Constantia, through Tokai and over Ou Kaaps to Noordhoek, turning right at Silvermine and back to Mouille Point via Chappies and Suikerbossie.

It’s a ride of approx 80km, and last time I rode it, it took just over 3 hours. I’ll be aiming for a similar pace (average around 27 km/h).

Aim to start riding at 6:30.

Any takers?

Some of you are aware that I am leaving these shores for Aussie fairly soon. So soon in fact, that Sunday (Jan 23) will be my last chance to ride my bike before it is packed away for its ocean voyage. I’d really like it if some of my imaginary friends could join me for the ride.

To make that last Cape Town ride a special one, I’m going to ride from Mouille Point (park near John O’Connor Cycles/Newport Deli). The route will be along the coast to Hout Bay, over Constantia Nek and then into Constantia, through Tokai and over Ou Kaaps to Noordhoek, turning right at Silvermine and back to Mouille Point via Chappies and Suikerbossie.

It’s a ride of approx 80km, and last time I rode it, it took just over 3 hours. I’ll be aiming for a similar pace (average around 27 km/h).

Aim to start riding at 6:30.

Any takers?

:unsure:

@Bikemonster - Where in Aus are you heading too? We're also on our way out (Sydney...were issued PR's visa's last year) but will only be leaving 5 September. Painters are busy on the house as we speak; doggie going into quarantine soon as well.

Edited by Chavez

Why you guys all leaving?

Aus is K@k

Troll much?

Edited to add: Let's leave this to a discussion about the ride. If you want a discussion about the pro's and cons of living in ZA versus AUS, please open a different thread over in Chit Chat.

Edited by bikemonster

Also would have to loved to ride. Sounds like an awesome route.

Ill be in East London for 70.3

Your sharp wit will be missed here.

Your blue Scott will be missed on the ol' plains of the Durbanville surrounds.

:(

Your sharp wit will be missed here.

Your blue Scott will be missed on the ol' plains of the Durbanville surrounds.

:(

cautious to inflate short folk..... but +1

I hope you'll still throw comment onto the forum every now and then please

If you did this group ride on Saturday morning, i would be there. Also entered for the race on Saturday. Your attendance to the Durbanville rides will be missed. Hope the move is worthwhile, otherwise you can always come back and know what you missed ;) :P :D

Went for a training ride with bikemonster this early morning...

Glad I could join as his transition will move forward more sharply after this week.

:rolleyes:

Edited by AirBender