Lance 2011 Cape Epic

zuludog

it's on his twitter. do you think they will be able to challenge for the win?

I'll put my head on a block and state that Lance does not stand a chance of ever winning the Cape Epic. The same hype was created with Lance "challenging" for the win at 2010 TDF.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, but this is a dude who knows how to recover.

And so Does Burry, Sauser, Evans, George etc etc etc. No chance of him winning and trying to buy stage wins wont work with MTBers either, especially at the Epic.

I wonder if Robbie will spit on David George again?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Will he keep up with him?

Would be great if Minnaar was riding it too. ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Will he keep up with him?

Would be great if Minnaar was riding it too. ;)

Good point, if not there will always be the usual excuse from RH.

Go Jeff :thumbup:

Classic. :lol:

And so Does Burry, Sauser, Evans, George etc etc etc. No chance of him winning and trying to buy stage wins wont work with MTBers either, especially at the Epic.

Hang on, wasn't it the other way round? I thought Hunter hit George and George then spat at Hunter? Hunter was fined and George wasn't. :blink:

Hang on, wasn't it the other way round? I thought Hunter hit George and George then spat at Hunter? Hunter was fined and George wasn't. :blink:

I thought there was a bit helmet-pulling going on. What was the fine again? 50 francs?

The guys who win the epic will be pros who have trained all year to win the epic. LA does not fit this profile. In my opinion you are just as likely to see Stefan Sahm or Karl Platt take a podium at the 2011 Tour de France.

The guys who win the epic will be pros who have trained all year to win the epic. LA does not fit this profile. In my opinion you are just as likely to see Stefan Sahm or Karl Platt take a podium at the 2011 Tour de France.

I disagree. I don't think most pro MTBers train just for the Epic. They'll target a number of races - Marathon world champs, XC circuit, Trans Alps, etc -

in a season. Although the Epic is huge, the return on a win can't even come close to a Tour win.

There has been the odd former pro MTBer getting on or near a TDF podium.

I disagree. I don't think most pro MTBers train just for the Epic. They'll target a number of races - Marathon world champs, XC circuit, Trans Alps, etc -

in a season. Although the Epic is huge, the return on a win can't even come close to a Tour win.

There has been the odd former pro MTBer getting on or near a TDF podium.

True, I guess conceptually it's possible, but LA ain't coming. He'd have announced it by now, realistically it just is not going to happen. He's talked obliquely about doing the Epic before but if he was targeting it I'm sure he'd pay it the respect it deserves and do some proper mtb preparation.

They would stand a chance, 2 of the best Stage racers and they have both won the Leadville in the past 2 years. That certainly qualifies them to give anyone a go in the Epic.