Giant Paint qaulity

iRob

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a Cannondale and a Trek and and on both the paint peeled and they were touched up under warranty and not replaced or re sprayed.

Quallity wise they will not use a back yard sprayer and make sure it looks close to original when you get it back.

Just remember that bikes only get one maybe two layers of clear coat and thats very very thin so it will chip and peel very easy.

I took reflector tape off my mtb a few days ago and i took some clear coat off to.There is no way that i can send that back.I masked it up and sprayed it with a can and can't see where it was.

I love my Giant as it is the greatest bike I have ever ridden (possibly in the world??) :lol: but this post has put me off a little... after everything that I had been told about how wonderful the agents were... I am a little shocked.

• 2 weeks later...
:thumbdown: to Dragons Sports. but the upside, I get my bike back tomorrow hopefully, and can ride the weekend, hopefully. :D

:thumbdown: to Dragons Sports. but the upside, I get my bike back tomorrow hopefully, and can ride the weekend, hopefully. :D

So what was the final conclusion?

So what was the final conclusion?

There is nothing going to be done. No fixing, no repairing, nothing. EFFFING nothing.

There is nothing going to be done. No fixing, no repairing, nothing. EFFFING nothing.

Im sorry to hear that, still think its bollocks on Dragons part that they won't sort it out. :(

I have a ten-odd year old Once Team replica giant, and the paint and finish is as good as the day it was made.

I have a ten-odd year old Once Team replica giant, and the paint and finish is as good as the day it was made.

Its funny how most people would agree that there is something wrong with it, yet the "paint" experts at Dragon Sports know better.

I have a 20 year old Giant Boulder with a better paint finish then this. This is the first ****-painted Giant I haveever had, but it also the sweetest of the bunch. Go figure. I'm considering sandblasting the frame ala Anthem X 29r style. This might void the warranty but with Dragons being as effed up as they are this should make no difference.

Its funny how most people would agree that there is something wrong with it, yet the "paint" experts at Dragon Sports know better.

Yes well I suppose they are the "experts". What is the point of having a warranty if the guys here just void it. Whatever man I just want to go ride some trails.

Did not read all the pages for this topic but did you contact Giant directly (Europe or America)??

I tried that, managed to email Giant head office HR, they put me in contact with someone in Aftersales servoice and Quality. He seemed helpful but alas Dragons does not take this as a credible route, and so if I want anything done through them, it'll mean I'll have to probably do it myself.

Hi All

Got my bike back on Friday, had it rebuilt, including a freshly serviced fork, and will hopefully get some vinyl stickers today or tomorrow. I've missed riding it so much. Confidence needs some building again, but then again Jonkers can throw some tricky trails at you!

Glad to have it back, crappy paint and all. I've really missed it!

Hi All

Got my bike back on Friday, had it rebuilt, including a freshly serviced fork, and will hopefully get some vinyl stickers today or tomorrow. I've missed riding it so much. Confidence needs some building again, but then again Jonkers can throw some tricky trails at you!

Glad to have it back, crappy paint and all. I've really missed it!

happy trails for you then :clap:

I have a 2010 Giant XTC 29er which I built about a month ago - the paint is super thin and super soft...

After Clarens my bike was "dull" - almost like it had been lightly sand blasted - no amount of polishing seems to fix it. I did give it a comprehensive polish when it was just a frame prior to building.

Also - I plugged a sidewall cut and didn't cut the end off - in a hurry to finish. The slapping from the plug went through all the layers of paint and I now have two shiny alu bits on my chain stays.

I'm not expecting diamond quality paint on bikes and Clarens was not the best outing for a new bike but I am somewhat disappointed in the Giant paint.