Cannondale info...

Satan

Can somebody please tell me what the differences are in the Cannondale frames?? I looked at a CAAD4, and there is very little difference to the CAAD7...or am I greatly mistaken? Whats the SIX/13? Whats the CAAD9? They seem to have more models than BMW?!?

I believe the CAAD4 is no more?

Help....

All the "CAAD" frames are alu with carbon forks. The 4 is no more so it starts at 5. Go upwards all you gain is the loss of weight and gain in rigidity (is that even a word?) The Synapse is the older full carbon made in Taiwan. The Six13 is a carbon/alu mix. System 6 is the updated Six13 and nou you get the Super 6 that is a super light full carbon made in USA frame.

When I bought my CAAD 4 I could have had the CAAD 5 for about R1000 more but I did not like intergrated headsets, still don't. (okay, let the discussion begin)

caad-anything is all aluminium.

caad9 is caad8, with minor changes to the tubes.

caad8 is caad7, with minor changes to the tubes

caad7 is ...

the changes happen year after year, and are currently mainly about weight, although up to caad4/5, it changed the ride.

six13 is caad-something with carbon top, seat and down tube.  head tube and rear triangle are still caad-something.  Still looks and behaves like a caad-(some bigger number)

six13 number 2 changed the seat tube back to aluminium.

system6 is caad-9 rear with carbon top, down and head tube.  The tubes are a lot bigger.  Still looks and behaves like a caad-(some bigger number)

supersix is all carbon.  Still looks and behaves like a caad-(some bigger number)

synapse is all carbon, but completely different philosopy, geometry, etc.

The Synapse comes in both aluminium and carbon. It differs from the others in that the geometry is aimed at comfort riding rather than racing.

I really hope christie miss this thread' date=' otherwise my bike will have in value[/quote']

The problem is with my alter-ego, Dilbert. He sees the world in terms of forces, Young's modulii and stress & strain values. Hes been quiet lately, perhaps a bit worried that if he speaks his mind he might get hit by the Vito. He does not understand that to sometimes the badge matters more than the figures.

Thanks for all the help guys...Its a little confusing to be honest Wacko

So when did Cannondale stop making the CAAD4? Are they still available new, or is that a forgotten memory?