R12.00 Cokes at Tokai

my_intense

I need to kick it, at least it is Coke Light though otherwise I would weigh a lot more

My capuchino machine is so awesome I may kick the Coke and do 2L capuchino instead :lol:

Here is a pic of the capuchino from my machine :thumbup:

post-18048-0-67244800-1295847696.jpg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its because most of the market wants to buy expensive water here in SA.

Like this morning: Its the same as me buying 2L of Pick 'n Pay no-name drinking yoghurt for R19, yet all the other parents grab the (same) branded product and gladly pay R10 for 250ml.

I always buy the no-name stuff. What a lot of guys don't know as that no-name products are better quality most of the times, it's just cheaper

I need to kick it, at least it is Coke Light though otherwise I would weigh a lot more

My capuchino machine is so awesome I may kick the Coke and do 2L capuchino instead :lol:

You'll need just over two of these…

Trenta

I always buy the no-name stuff. What a lot of guys don't know as that no-name products are better quality most of the times, it's just cheaper

Not necessarily better quality, just "of similar or equal quality". But, yeah, most times I dont notice the differance either.

But lets not forget the power of a brand, Coke is a mighty strong brand and has reduced all its competitors to minor irritants, I think back to Virgin Cola, it managed to get into Ster Kinekor for a while, but people wanted Coke and would pay for it, so out it went. Makro, P&P probably all the major retailers have their own house brand Cola, but it will never, ever, outsell Coke - some brands are just too good and people will pay for them no matter the cost.

I agree on most products but no-name Coke really tastes like cr@p, then I would rather drink water

I want to take my Caffe Pronto Trailer to Tokai....?? The best coffee, cuppuchinos, lattes, Hot Chocolates - and to top it of we sell the best Rusks/muffins/donuts as well....??

It is such a mission just to get the point through to the Parksboard that we will not interfere with the coffee shop retail hours and we can actually add alot of value to the MTBkers and Trailrunners, walkers etc...!!

Maybe we should draw up something and make my case a bit stronger to get in at Tokai Forest - anyone have any ideas....???

My ex accountant was a lady of mature years and had worked for me for nearly 20 of them. She was a complete Coke addict, I bought her a small bar fridge to put in her office and she would stock it up with Coke. She never drank water, tea, coffee, Juice nothing, only Coke. It was a standing joke in the Company because she was as healthy as a horse, BP, Cholesterol, sugar everything was fine and in spec, 2 litres a day, HAH, you are still a novice, she would go through at least 6 of those 500 ml bottles daily, if it was a hot day, maybe one or two more.!

Covie, Covie, Covie, you just gone and blew your argument clean out of the water. Am I correct you are only frugal with your own cash.?

I used to hate it when I took buyers out to lunch and they ordered the most expensive item on the menu, not because they liked it or even wanted it, but because they knew it was expensive and I was paying.

It wasnt because I couldnt afford it, I could, but to me it showed a low self esteem, a kind of spitefull, grabbing attitude I loathed.

I will never forget, I once took a buyer and his wife out for dinner, he ordered two seafood platters for himself and left half, then he ordered another to take home, WHY do people do this?

If a coke at 12 bucks offends you in your personal capacity, surely it should offend you in your corporate capacity as well.?

If you generally go out and enjoy a steak, why order a seafood platter because you are not paying.?

Lol no Grumpy I am just as frugal with my work budgets, my point was simply that when your in a 5 star establishment they cater for a 5 star budget hence you expect to be ripped off there since thats the business model.

The rest of my comments directed at the south african moron mentality, is just the way South African management think they do employee's a favour by employing them. I have worked for many SA companies and many europian based companies and beleive me I will never again work for a SA comapny.

Lets take a bussiness trip analogy

SA company Busines trip avg Middlemanagement)

1, Stick employee id third class accomodation

2. Give minimal subsistance allowance

3. Give employe a city golf let employee beg for one with aircon

Europian comany Middle Management

1. 5 Star acomoadation of the employee's chocie

2. Give 30% above recommended subsistance allownance plus an entertainment allowance

3. Standard option is an A class rental vehicle BMW, Merc or SUV

4. Once enteraintment allowance depleted cover 50% of additional personal expenses.

And thats the difference, Europian companies treasure a good employee and they are willing to make his/her life as easy as possible, I mean my word, its tax deductable so its a win win situation, I am more than happy to travel for my company which i do regularly, I enjoy my travels and over perform on deadlines since I then get a "paid vacation"

South African companies make sure your miserable, and that you only have enough cash to eat dodgy food, and get to your location of work. And you have to say yes Boss thank you Boss for paying me at the end of the month.

On previous businees trips I have been lucky enough to go Ski in Switzerland, Mountainbike in Wales, Tour Germany Italy, Netherlands, and it did not cost me a cent. i am happy to to Travel, can live with fact that i wont see my family for a while and i will bleed for my company, Now lets vote how many people working for your A typical South African company will say the same thing. Till SA companies learn that employee's are assets and not legal slaves to be dumped on, you will keep on wondering why your business does not perform the way it should, why you employees arent motivated, and why everyone thinks the boss is a ****.

Simple as that.

This is all getting a bit personal dont you think? :thumbdown:

And its fine Caerus, he has a right to his opinion however warped it might be based on his assumptions, If there were a single valid point in there I might have paid attention to it :)

End of Hijack.

Lol no Grumpy I am just as frugal with my work budgets, my point was simply that when your in a 5 star establishment they cater for a 5 star budget hence you expect to be ripped off there since thats the business model.

The rest of my comments directed at the south african moron mentality, is just the way South African management think they do employee's a favour by employing them. I have worked for many SA companies and many europian based companies and beleive me I will never again work for a SA comapny.

Lets take a bussiness trip analogy

SA company Busines trip avg Middlemanagement)

1, Stick employee id third class accomodation

2. Give minimal subsistance allowance

3. Give employe a city golf let employee beg for one with aircon

Europian comany Middle Management

1. 5 Star acomoadation of the employee's chocie

2. Give 30% above recommended subsistance allownance plus an entertainment allowance

3. Standard option is an A class rental vehicle BMW, Merc or SUV

4. Once enteraintment allowance depleted cover 50% of additional personal expenses.

And thats the difference, Europian companies treasure a good employee and they are willing to make his/her life as easy as possible, I mean my word, its tax deductable so its a win win situation, I am more than happy to travel for my company which i do regularly, I enjoy my travels and over perform on deadlines since I then get a "paid vacation"

South African companies make sure your miserable, and that you only have enough cash to eat dodgy food, and get to your location of work. And you have to say yes Boss thank you Boss for paying me at the end of the month.

On previous businees trips I have been lucky enough to go Ski in Switzerland, Mountainbike in Wales, Tour Germany Italy, Netherlands, and it did not cost me a cent. i am happy to to Travel, can live with fact that i wont see my family for a while and i will bleed for my company, Now lets vote how many people working for your A typical South African company will say the same thing. Till SA companies learn that employee's are assets and not legal slaves to be dumped on, you will keep on wondering why your business does not perform the way it should, why you employees arent motivated, and why everyone thinks the boss is a ****.

Simple as that.

What you did not say is that if the SA Boss goes overseas he flies Business Class and stays in top notch hotels.

BTW Coke costs ZAr 4.50 a can here in Nigeria..... they are nailing all of you there!!!!!!

What you did not say is that if the SA Boss goes overseas he flies Business Class and stays in top notch hotels.

BTW Coke costs ZAr 4.50 a can here in Nigeria..... they are nailing all of you there!!!!!!

Lol i was going to put that in since here its a hierarchy in the food chain,

The Directors in SA feel they are special for some reason they seem to think they are the company, hence they are entitled to all the perks. If i travel, I get exactly the same treatment as our company Directors. I could write essay's about this topic, but nothing here will change till its too late.

I want to take my Caffe Pronto Trailer to Tokai....?? The best coffee, cuppuchinos, lattes, Hot Chocolates - and to top it of we sell the best Rusks/muffins/donuts as well....??

It is such a mission just to get the point through to the Parksboard that we will not interfere with the coffee shop retail hours and we can actually add alot of value to the MTBkers and Trailrunners, walkers etc...!!

Maybe we should draw up something and make my case a bit stronger to get in at Tokai Forest - anyone have any ideas....???

Sounds like direct competition to me, so not surprised that they'd be hacked off and protect their tenant.

How much do you charge for coke/coffee?

And its fine Caerus, he has a right to his opinion however warped it might be based on his assumptions, If there were a single valid point in there I might have paid attention to it :)

End of Hijack.

Deftly defused!

Bravo!

What annoys me more than the price is the way the owner of the Jonkershoek shop acts. Maybe I just ran over her puppy, but she is bloody rude.