Saddle

Tokyo

For more than 80km I suggest Brooks. Minimal friction compared to plastic saddles and the 'give' is over the entire saddle as apposed to a localised area with plastic saddles. That being said...Brooks are dog ugly and if you are too light you might not be able to break it in. I bought a Brooks for Christmas - been great so far.

I cannot imagine my baby with a Brooks saddle sorry :unsure:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having just been through this, and taking delivery of my new saddle yesterday. Which may still not be right, only time will tell. It may just be a matter buy, try and see. If not sell it on the hub and then try again, Eventually you will find the right one.

My girlfriend is a hug fan of the Specialized ladies Jet saddle. It is white, has gel, is carbon re-inforced and has a titanium rail.. Best advice I can give you is to ask your local bike shop for some loan test saddles from Specialized and Fizik and go try them on the trail...

Ignore all of the advice on this thread so far. It's all well meaning, but your saddle has to fit your ass. As I've posted on other threads, when it comes to saddles there are no general guidelines.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. The only plus is that if you buy a saddle from CRC, and it's much cheaper than buying locally, you will be able to sell it on, and get your money back.

Ignore all of the advice on this thread so far. It's all well meaning, but your saddle has to fit your ass. As I've posted on other threads, when it comes to saddles there are no general guidelines.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. The only plus is that if you buy a saddle from CRC, and it's much cheaper than buying locally, you will be able to sell it on, and get your money back.

Thats exactly what I just said, based on your previous advise to me a while back, lol. :lol:

Ok so it is like asking another woman what underwear is the most comfortable.

Nice anology, but pretty much yes. Thinking nice thoughts after that, lol.

Ermmm...I guess. :blush:

This thread is in danger of being useless without pics.

there we would actually like a demonstration. :clap:

My wife has option 2 saddle on her bike and finds it comfortable. But there are 5 other saddles in the garage that she does not like.

There is no such thing as one "size" fits all. Follow the "Try before you buy" advice.

Ermmm...I guess. :blush:

This thread is in danger of being useless without pics.

I put up 3 pictures on the 1st page didn’t you see them? :rolleyes:

I suspect that this thread is about to erm, outstrip the religious threads of the last few days.

Before being locked.

I suspect that this thread is about to erm, outstrip the religious threads of the last few days.

Before being locked.

Stripping I do not have nearly enough tequila in me for that!!!!

Cheeky!

(See what I did there?)

Haaah :lol:

You sure are one smart b'ggr! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I sincerely hope that the land of Oz has Internet, otherwise we shall be missing your clarity and insight. And there is no sarcasm here sir'et.

Go for Specialized Foxy One. They EVOLVED.

All the rest were CREATED!

(see what I did there ? :D )