Finally (finally) finished...

RodTi

That looks nice and neat, congratulations.

Thanks Hairy!

I think the bike looks great, let us know what you think of the Mary bars, I was looking at them this evening and wondering...... [Will do!]

BTW I think the Brooks grips would have matched the bike well, but leather, I don't know, fine for posing, but for riding, I feel it could get a bit tough on the hands after a few hours in the saddle. [That's kind of what I was thinking... Would also have me hesitate to get them muddy - which sort of defeats the purpose... Will wait a while and see where I do most of my riding!]

I've gone to a 36 blade, but only because I sometimes run 1x9 when I'm feeling weak. With the 32 you have a much wider range of usable rear cogs available, for those of us without super-normal leg strength. When the riding gets a bit mountainous, its a bit difficult to find a 23/24 cog, I've taken an angle grinder to an 8 speed cluster for the cogs. [i rescued my old cogs off the 9-speed cassette I had on - so will be sure to do a bit of playing around with the ratios before ordering a different blade up front!]

I found that you need to run the chain over the top of the pully on that tensioner. Or the chain starts jumping if you push on a bit.

Yip - been having a long look at the chain tension already... It appears slacker than what it is in the photos, I was actually debating whether or not to put a chainguard back on... With this being said, I'm no lightweight, so standing up produces a fair bit of torque :rolleyes: ... Will definitely keep an eye on it... :thumbup:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, btw - thanks for the pedals Mr. Brundson - haven't used my mtb shoes yet, but sneakers work a treat! :)

Nice one :thumbup: Do you have a pic of the whole bike?

Not yet - on the way home yesterday I was trying to convince myself not to be silly and ride whilst still sick... but then for the first time in a loooooonnnnngggggg while there was sun out when I got home - couldn't wait anymore, so took her out for a spin! :D

So what was supposed to be a photo-opportunity, turned into ride time. Middle part of a donut to anyone who can work out which had me smiling more! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Here be some pics of the whole bike! :thumbup:

[Just for you XTC1!] :P

post-1360-0-32665700-1308082077.jpg

post-1360-0-94461600-1308082104.jpg

post-1360-0-93983800-1308082119.jpg

Very cool man.

I've got a '93 Apex (bushed chrome) that I set up with a an on-one Fleegle bar, rigid carbon fork(still have the original fork as well) and 29er wheel up front.

• 3 weeks later...

How does she ride?

Very quietly... :P

Took her up the hill on Sunday.

I can now confirm three things:

1.) I have re-evaluated how unfit I am.

2.) I have a new MaxHR. :rolleyes:

3.) I am having a lot of fun! :thumbup: