GAUTENG NORTH LEAGUE

No race this weekend due to cancellation of race

The league will however take place in the form of a team time trial of six riders. Last riders time count.

Start at ten at Babbas lodge [Rooiwal]. Reverse start order based on points. Most points start last. Start two minutes apart. Distance +- 22 km.

What happend to the original proposed Individual Time Trial?

Not so sure that the Team Time Trial is fair to everybody...

What if (for Example) Queens only have two riders, so cannot really do the Team TT thing, but their one guy could win the ITT and get them valuable points???

A solution to the problem Crux:

Some teams are understaffed.  Yes.

There are a number of riders that are not on any team .  (For instance I think half of the first 25 riders on the last race were not in any team).  Yes

Solution: 

1.     Bring the two parties together.  Maybe it is time for teams to start recruiting riders from non-participating clubs, (like Bruce, Velo, Defence ext) (Obviously, UCI, CSA and GNC rules about clothing wrt licenced riders will have to be relaxed for the events), or

2.   there is a need for the smaller teams to amalgamate.

3.  Maybe the time of the fourth rider should be taken, and not the sixth rider.  (this will acommodate both the smaller teams and reduce the impact of mechanical and fitness issues.

Why not individual????  Then all the problems are sorted!!

Best 10 riders wins.....Easy?
Will take more time?  Seperate riders with 20seconds.  No problem.....

Hi Everyone<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Due to the cancellation of the PPFK event this coming weekend we have the choice of postponing the league race to another race or do our own thing.

The suggestion is that we do a team time trial with a minimum of 6 riders per team. All the riders times count individually. In other words everybody on the same team starts together and get their own times. This way we have only one start per club/team.

Proposed start order as follows:

10:00    SPEKE

10:05    TELKOM

10:10    CENTURION

10:15    <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />QUEENS

10:20    CEDAR VADEK

10:25    CBIST

10:30    MAGIC LEGGERA

10:35    SPEKE INVITATIONAL

10:40    TEAM COMPUTER SMITH

The whole event is regarded as a training ride and not an official race. In other words there is no frills attached. No medals, no coke, no toilets closeby, no marshalls, no first aid, no marshalls, etc,etc AND OF COURSE NO ENTRY FEES.

Who is in and who is not?

Cedar Vadek will be there ,but if it has to be a TTT we will have to make it 4 riders and not 6 there are not many teams that will be able to have 6 riders now.Except for speke who seem to have a endless supply of riders!!smileys/smiley36.gif

What about cbist?

team Computer-Smith : In

If TTT then agree with NoChain, 4 Riders per team

thinks Individual Time Trial is a better Idea though...

Cruxpearl38908.6249189815

Well.....Looking at Speke's reply, it sounds good.
Thus racing as a team for individual results!  Good idea.....was contemplating the same earlier....

We will be there!  Count on it!!! smileys/smiley4.gif
Kakaa's partner is going to KoKots!