PPA Seeding Updates

'Dale

last year I used to alway start 1 or 2 groups down and we'd still catch groups in front of us. I think at the moment there's very little time separating people that ride from group F - I for instance.

The only (semi) positive thing about not being able to move up easily is everyone is affected the same. So you will be getting stronger with everyone else you usually race with. There's a good chance if one of you gets a better seeding then all of you will. Then you'll move up a letter and still be riding with similar people.

I agree if we are uniformly affected then it is fine. i am not particularly perturbed by which PPA group I ride in. I really wonder with this over manipulation of especially the argus seeding rides that come next year we have a problem with our argus groups. does anyone know how some of the other upcountry seeding rides have been manipulated or not?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No update this month? Why? Maybe cause of the Argus

Cant wait to see where my seedings at after the tour de stellenbosch,wingerd and bay city.

Patience aint my strong point!

They should show the "difficulty factors" (0.8, 0.95, 1 & 1.3) for each race with your calculation.

They should show the "difficulty factors" (0.8, 0.95, 1 & 1.3) for each race with your calculation.

:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

only the fist week in april

lately they have been updating twice monthly. But even if they are back to their normal 'first Wednesday of every month' they skipped March

lately they have been updating twice monthly. But even if they are back to their normal 'first Wednesday of every month' they skipped March

i did sent them a mail and the feedback was :Thank you for emailing us.

The next seeding run will take place the first week in April.

Please feel free to contact us should you require further assistance.

Kind Regards

Shana Weber

General Queries Secretary

Pedal Power Association

9 Hill Park Lane

Mowbray

Cape Town

Tel: 021 689 8420

Fax: 021 689 8490

i did sent them a mail and the feedback was :Thank you for emailing us.

The next seeding run will take place the first week in April.

Please feel free to contact us should you require further assistance.

Kind Regards

Shana Weber

General Queries Secretary

Pedal Power Association

9 Hill Park Lane

Mowbray

Cape Town

Tel: 021 689 8420

Fax: 021 689 8490

Ah, thanks, youre lucky, they actually replied to your email.

thanks for that :thumbup: was wondering myself when they were gonna see the produce of our hard labour over the last few weeks of the summer season.

New races are closing in on us and the update hasn't been done yet, I also expect a big jump based on the Argus and R4S.

• 2 weeks later...

Did any of you Get this email from PPA? I always though the seeding process was F...up but this is just wrong! :thumbdown:

From: Pedal Power Association [mailto:newsletter@pedalpower.org.za]

Sent:31 March 2011 22:47 PM

To: oterymed@telkomsa.net

Subject: Ref PPA#5119: PPA Seeding news: 31 March 2011

Dear Feizal

We have done a preliminary seeding run and will be finalizing the seedings by the 6th april 2011. You should receive your new number by the 1st May 2011. Please ensure your membership fees are paid in order to receive your new seeded number. http://www.pedalpower.org.za/myppa/register

Our statistician has worked tirelessly on the results especially of the Argus 2011 to regress the data to fit our new model, despite his best attempts we don’t think we have got it 100% correct. The executive committee have therefore decided to allocate spaces in each seeded group to PPA members of ten year good standing who may feel aggrieved by their new seeding. We also think that this is a wonderful new avenue to generate much needed funds.

Your current Seeding Index is 31.70863 which makes you eligible for J. Your new Seeding Index is 35.01754 which makes you eligible for K.

We would like to offer you the following possible upgrades to your seeding and the fee. We had successfully piloted this at the Argus 2011 and we were overwhelmed by the positive response and high take up of the offer.

Upgrades Available

Group Cost

J R500

I R750

H R1000

G R1500

F R1750

E R2200

As all of this is confidential, we have set up an email address only for this purposes. invitedseedingupgrades@pedalpower.org.za

On your acceptance of the offer we will send you further payment instructions which will be on a cash only basis.

FORTHCOMING EVENTS:

Sun 3 April: Cape Times Vigne-à_Vigne MTB

Sat 9 April: Karoo 1 MTB 12/24 hr – cancelled

Sun 10 April: Karoo 1 MTB Funride – cancelled

Sat 16 April: Fine Breede MTB

Sat 7 May: Tru-Cape MTB

Sat 14 May: Willow Creek / Computer Mania MTB Challenge

Sat 21 May: Keeromberg MTB Challenge

Sat 28 May: Hex Valley Autumn Splendour MTB

Yours in cycling

The PPA Team

Note: newsletter@pedalpower.org.za is a no-reply address. Please address membership or other queries to one of the email addresses listed below:

Contact us:

Tel: (021) 689-8420

Visit us: 9 Hill Park Lane, Mowbray

Membership queries: members@pedalpower.org.za

General queries: info@pedalpower.org.za

Online membership renewals: http://www.pedalpower.org.za/AboutPPA/Membership/JoinRenew/tabid/113/Default.aspx

Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour call centre: (021) 681-4333

the ppa is losing the plot.they now changed from cycling assos. to making money from cycling organisation...if we can buy a better seeding then we might as well use EPO or maybe something they can supply us with..they suck

all they need to do is seed fairly and consistantly.then all fine