Amazing gf!!

Ashchest

SO I bought my gf a MTB a week ago. She hasn't been on a bike for 25 years and says the last she remember was riding a bike with side wheels.

She really want to join me on the trails for both fitness benefits and also to spend some more time together.

I was a bit worried and knew it would be a long road to get her on a level of tackling trails with confidence.

Anyway, yesterday we went for her first ride and I took her to Northern Farm. I planned to start out on the first straight section turning left after passing underneath the highway. I thought we would probably spend the time on the section of road and perhaps just ride up and down a few times so she can learn about the bike , gears and just staying on.

To my amazement she found the straight road a bit boring and so we rode on down towards the river. We then did a bit of a climb and and ventured towards the opposite fence on the northern side of NF. We ended up doing a big loop and total of 18 km's!!!

She was exhausted towards the end and only fell off the bike at about 50m before we reached the car. :D :D

I must say I am very impressed with her! She showed commitment in riding the tougher bits and also the climbs, only pushed the bike for about 50m on a climb towards the end. 18km's in 1h45min!!!

She now can't wait to go again :D :clap: :thumbup:

How long before she wupps your ass? Maybe you've created a monster? But big ups to her, it's lekker to hear stories like this, Ashchest.

Tell her well done!!

On my first ride I managed a total of 9 km before almost dying!! :thumbdown:

Edited by DaLoCo