Emperors palace MTB Ride

GlennSCrooks

I complained a while ago about the Sun City race and how rude the Elites were while passing the back markers. That would be me :) Now it i my turn to compliment the Elites at the Emperors Palace MTB ride.. The guys that came past shouted "Track" and once past thanked us for moving out of the way.. We really don't mind moving out of the way however when we are sworn at, you just feel that great about moving out of the way.. Thank you for not being rude to us and we all ended up really enjoying the ride.. ..

I complained a while ago about the Sun City race and how rude the Elites were while passing the back markers. That would be me :) Now it i my turn to compliment the Elites at the Emperors Palace MTB ride.. The guys that came past shouted "Track" and once past thanked us for moving out of the way.. We really don't mind moving out of the way however when we are sworn at, you just feel that great about moving out of the way.. Thank you for not being rude to us and we all ended up really enjoying the ride.. ..

Right back at you man - I was near the front and it was a pleasure passing everyone.

When I hit the forest the second time around and the single lappers were lined up on the left of the track allowing us to shoot by on the right I couldn't believe it! I felt like a real pro when the "wow!", "goooooo" and "man he is really moving" comments were shouted. Ahhhh me olde legs felt strong again :P

I couldn't believe how polite, patient and generally nice everyone was - a fine compliment to mtbers in general!

My complaint about that race was the organisers advertised 40km and my Garmin showed only 32.5 km once complete and NO I did not take a shortcut!!!

The Track was VERY muddy.. But it made for an awesome ride

Yeah, I clocked 18km distance..

Photo's are avalible at action photos..

My complaint about that race was the organisers advertised 40km and my Garmin showed only 32.5 km once complete and NO I did not take a shortcut!!!

It was our gripe last year as well. They should either adjust the course to make it 40km or change the ad. But then again how many pro's will a 32km draw?

That, and the fact that the organiser never went back to clean up his bunting tape on the course.

I was a little dissapointed with the route.

It was too short and the bottle neck in the beginning was horrible.

I finished 23rd in the 20k ride, not bad considering i started at the back of the group and had to wait when entering the single track.

Should have pushed harder!!