Black Spade wheels

Aurora

Hi Hubbers

Im looking at getting a set of 80mm clinchers. Does anybody have any experience with these wheels compared with other brands such as Zipp and Easton? How do they compare in terms of stiffness and the overall ride?

i have ridden tokens and planet x and currently zipp clinchers and blackspade tubbies. i have the tri combo 60 front and 88 rear. i am VERY happy and they are stiff responsive and fast

Ask yourself the question, would you rather arrive at the race with a popular choice of wheels, which are tried and tested for years, or are you going to settle for a budget set? I have nothing against Black Spade or any of the newish arrivals, but some wheels just spell superior bettter than others!

hey hamster,

i recently bought a set of 50mm clinchers, and agree with jeepdude, they're very responsive and lightweight for a carbon clincher. :thumbup:

the week before i bought them i rode on a set of Zipp 404's, and i couldn't feel a difference whether i was riding black spade or zipp.

my opinion though, others may disagree. however, the points for value for money have to go to black spade.

hope this helps!

i am sure that collin has done his homework thoroughly before he chose to sell these wheels. he has always ridden the best gear and has ridden various top end wheels. that said it is a business he has started to offer custom goodies on a good budget..

i agree. i did a lot of homework on various wheels, and this was the best choice for me.

what's also nice are the bladed spokes, the carbon braking surface, and of course the price! i've heard so many guys saying that many wheels come from the same factory. in the end, i just couldn't fork out R15000+ for the zipps, even though they are everybody's first choice. how much of the R15000+ are you paying for the name?

here's a pic of my bike with the wheels.

post-21809-0-06342900-1297771300.jpg

i agree. i did a lot of homework on various wheels, and this was the best choice for me.

what's also nice are the bladed spokes, the carbon braking surface, and of course the price! i've heard so many guys saying that many wheels come from the same factory. in the end, i just couldn't fork out R15000+ for the zipps, even though they are everybody's first choice. how much of the R15000+ are you paying for the name?

here's a pic of my bike with the wheels.

Very pretty!

yep you are paying for all the wheels that zipp give to fabian cancellara and the like.....that make you want to buy them cause you'll be faster

Thanks for the feedback..I guess we got to compare apples with apples..compare us to R9000 wheels..ferrari is a great car too..but not everybody wants to spend that cash

Thanks guys for all the feedback

Iv ridden zipp 404s and cant say i find them to great to be honest, the eastons are to soft. The best set iv owned are Bora Ultra, those were amazing wheels but so was the price. Remember im not going for a 404 set here, im going for the 808 or 80mm in this case.

Colin, i think your wheels are really well priced and definatly get good reviews from fellow riders. Whats your custom decals price? got to be honest, not a big fan of the std designs.