Contador - CAS ruling. (All things Contador/doping - merged)

sychosid

Brief Results

Result 1 Daniel Diaz (Arg) San Luis Somos Todos 2 Alberto Contador (Spa) Saxo Bank 3 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Omega Pharma-Quickstep

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...............and 'Berto takes another stage, Levi Third or fourth I think, picture is up to................!! <_<

.........dont what happened to Nibs, looks like he lost it in the last one or two kms but 'Berto cruised in for a win.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

............You mean there was someone ahead of 'berto....? I dont see anyone on the picture here.?

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Apologies.

Leipheimer hangs tough in race lead

Alberto Contador (Saxo Bank) claimed another mountain top stage victory on the Mirador del Sol, while American Levi Leipheimer held fast to the race lead in the Tour de San Luis.

Contador attacked in the final kilometer, but Leipheimer was able to pull himself back to the Spaniard's wheel along with Argentinean Daniel Diaz, but faded when Contador launched his final surge in the last 100m

While Contador distanced Leipheimer by a few meters at the line, the American was easily able to hold onto his race lead with Vincenzo Nibali (Liquigas-Cannondale) and Stefan Schumacher (Christina Watches-Ofone) losing time on the mountain.

Edited by TNT1

Brief Results

Result 1 Alberto Contador Velasco (Spa) Team Saxo Bank 4:19:59 2 Daniel Diaz (Arg) San Luis Somos Todos 0:00:02 3 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Omega Pharma - Quickstep 0:00:05 4 Jose Rodolfo Serpa Perez (Col) Androni - Venezuela 0:00:25 5 Marcos Garcia Fernandez (Spa) Caja Rural 0:00:44 6 Stefan Schumacher (Ger) Christina Watches-Onfone 7 Magno Prado Nazaret (Bra) Funvic- Pindamonhangaba 0:00:51 8 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Liquigas - Cannondale 0:00:56 9 Adrian Palomares Villaplana (Spa) Andalucia - Caja Granada 0:00:58 10 Miguel Angel Chavez Rubiano (Col) Androni - Venezuela 0:01:02 11 Jackson Rodriguez (Ven) Androni - Venezuela 0:01:11 12 Enzo Josue Moyano (Arg) Caja Rural 0:01:18 13 Giovanni Visconti (Ita) Movistar Team 0:01:31 14 Jose Cayetano Sarmiento Tunarrosa (Col) Liquigas - Cannondale 0:01:33 15 Angelo Pagani (Ita) Colnago CSF Bardiani 0:01:39

Edited by TNT1

............I think Diaz was second TNT, is there an official report that says Diaz wins.? The picture is crap, but it looks like a 'Berto win to me.

Do you know where Nibs came in TNT? I lost the line so many times its all disjointed and I cant really see.

I have: 8 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Liquigas - Cannondale 0:00:56

Oh dear, seems he fell off the bus quite badly then.

Don't feel too bad. He never was, and never will be a GC contender. Even in wee tour like this.

Don't feel too bad. He never was, and never will be a GC contender. Even in wee tour like this.

........Yeah......pity I quite like his attitude,......... but its been quite an exciting race hasn't it, I mean for so early in the season the big guns have still been firing.

I am a bit surprised Rasmussen wasn't in the mix? The final climb should have suited him.

Hasn't been to "Mexico" yet?

Jokes aside, I don't think he ever had the natural talent the others have, and he's been away from the top for a while.

He's the 2000's Mr 60%

Edited by TNT1

Hasn't been to "Mexico" yet?

Jokes aside, I don't think he ever had the natural talent the others have, and he's been away from the top for a while.

He's the 2000's Mr 60%

I reckon he had tons of talent, as a climber and descender - mtb world champ after all - which may have required being a little dirty, but probably nowhere near as dirty as winning the tour in those days.

He's probably just a bit past it (36 I think?) and suffering from being out of it for so many years.

Tour San de Luis:

'Berto continues good form.

Takes 2nd stage win -summit finish.

Surely, the verdict is due this week.