Vredestein Killer Bee's

XPD8

Thinking of picking up a set of these.

Need a fast rolling tyre for hard pack and tar. Will they roll quicker than a crossmark?

Want to use them on the road Argus (I refuse to put slicks on an MTB... it just looks wrong! :blink: )

Anyone have experience with them?

Thinking of picking up a set of these.

Need a fast rolling tyre for hard pack and tar. Will they roll quicker than a crossmark?

Want to use them on the road Argus (I refuse to put slicks on an MTB... it just looks wrong! :blink: )

Anyone have experience with them?

Fantastic tyre. You can run them at really high pressures on road and they roll way better than Crossmarks. Grip very well on tar and also surprisingly well on dry hardpack. They tend to wear quickly on tar but this is to be expected given the tiny tread pattern. My wife is a very nervous mountainbiker and prefers to ride on tar so I converted to these for a road races. After one ride she refused to let me put the knoblies back, even for off road races. They are pretty tired now after about 6 x 100km + road races and lots of off road but still grip well.I will buy another set soon. Go for it

They will roll better then Crossmarks. We use them in the Imana Wildride, riding on the beach they are superb. They will be about your best option without putting on slicks, you may even consider putting them on a sanding belt to get them a bit smoother down the middle.

Edited by Edgar