Motorist drives over cycling group

KnobbyMech

Just read in the news paper that the driver has been arrested, "a judge ordered his detention and they are considering attempted homicide"

amazing how one person's actions can cause so much grief and suffering for so many other people. :thumbdown:

Its super scary to see the powerlessness of the human body when confronted by a moving vehicle.

The action was committed knowingly and with malice and with intent to commit GBH. It is just crazy!!! So many eye witnesses. What was this driver thinking?

Anywhere I can follow this story?

wonder why they were riding their bikes like that in the middle of the road ? just take one 'temporary insane'/sandton motorist to do something like tha

It was a "Critical Mass" rally (not Raleigh) which is why the street was full of bikes - the whole thing is a variation on TOSA stage 2 :)

Funny how we're not upset about that any more - i wonder if anyone still is?

Check out the comments below the vid screen on the clip.... especialy from one Christien Scheepers... You can access her facebook account via the comment thread .. I just left her a message. A nice message. Asking her to find a way to take the hatred out of her heart. And to understand that there are family members left behind when a rider is killed.

Its actually worse that this happened at a critical mass... its exactly what the events were aimed at eliminating!