CSA License Application

Griffin

Ok..so I have got as far as the payment options on the CSA site, but now see the only option is to pay bt credit card !!! Is there no other way to do this ???

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This year was the last time I renew my CSA lic......the frustration was simply to much. From next year I will pay as I go for each and every race I wish to enter,even if it cost me twice the price,maybe that's excacly what they want. Renewing my airline pilots license twice a year is way easier than renewing a bicycle license.

Ok..so I have got as far as the payment options on the CSA site, but now see the only option is to pay bt credit card !!! Is there no other way to do this ???

In my humble opinion CSA are a bunch of fraudsters. I paid early / mid-year last year. Got an acknowledgement and was given a temporary letter to carry - pending arrival of my official paperwork. To date, after MANY frustrating e-mails to various people, I still have nothing. I WON'T support these sheisters again. If I want to partake in a race, I will simply wait 50m down the road and join in. I don't need them to tell me I took forever to finish - my computer can do that. Thanks CSA - you suck.

This year was the last time I renew my CSA lic......the frustration was simply to much. From next year I will pay as I go for each and every race I wish to enter,even if it cost me twice the price,maybe that's excacly what they want. Renewing my airline pilots license twice a year is way easier than renewing a bicycle license.

Dont know what your issue was but this year was the easiest yet. Applied, Approved and Issued within a week.

Don't PPA cover the CSA license fee? I thought it is included in the membership

No PPA does not cover the license fee (R350) but it does include the yearly CSA membership (R75)

There is quite a difference between a CSA license (needed for UCI, National and Provincial events) and CSA membership (everyone must be a member or buy a day license, you must also first be a member before you can apply for a license)

In my humble opinion CSA are a bunch of fraudsters. I paid early / mid-year last year. Got an acknowledgement and was given a temporary letter to carry - pending arrival of my official paperwork. To date, after MANY frustrating e-mails to various people, I still have nothing. I WON'T support these sheisters again. If I want to partake in a race, I will simply wait 50m down the road and join in. I don't need them to tell me I took forever to finish - my computer can do that. Thanks CSA - you suck.

Did you apply for a License or Membership?

If you applied for membership, you wont receive anything. Your details will be electronically registered as a CSA member.

There is a search function on the top right corner, all of this has been covered a million times :P

Dont know what your issue was but this year was the easiest yet. Applied, Approved and Issued within a week.

No PPA does not cover the license fee (R350) but it does include the yearly CSA membership (R75)

There is quite a difference between a CSA license (needed for UCI, National and Provincial events) and CSA membership (everyone must be a member or buy a day license, you must also first be a member before you can apply for a license)

If you applied for membership, you wont receive anything. Your details will be electronically registered as a CSA member.

There is a search function on the top right corner, all of this has been covered a million times :P

A simple "appy" licence to enable me to enter races without forking out a specific fee at each event (still haven't entered my first race yet :( . They told me I would receive my number / card and associated paperwork within 10 days. Then the merrygoround / circus started.

Don't PPA cover the CSA license fee? I thought it is included in the membership

I was under the same impression. Only have to pay more if you want to race SA and provincial

A simple "appy" licence to enable me to enter races without forking out a specific fee at each event (still haven't entered my first race yet :( . They told me I would receive my number / card and associated paperwork within 10 days. Then the merrygoround / circus started.

Sounds like you only applied for the yearly membership, cost you R75 right?

Then you wont get a card or number. Your name is added to the database electronically.

I was under the same impression. Only have to pay more if you want to race SA and provincial

In other words, your CSA yearly membership is included with your PPA membership but NOT a CSA License.

In my humble opinion CSA are a bunch of fraudsters. I paid early / mid-year last year.

ronniebus - sounds like you are referring to the old system. The new one went live at the end of last year.

With regard to license cards - as tankman has said:

1. membership only (R75) - you will not get a credit card license, but you can download a template and print it out and then laminate/contact/sticky-tape it.

2. Full racing license (R350) - credit-card will be sent to you

I can't recall what I paid but I scratched and found the original communication from Tarryn Duncan of CSA and I quote "Dear Ronnie, Some good news. Your 2010 cycling licence has been confirmed and is queued for printing ! from here it will take 7 - 10 days for your card to reach your club." unquote. As I said, then the circus. Numerous e-mails resulted in less than zero interest. Through Fat Tracks (even they couldn't come right with CSA) I discovered that the documents were sent to a Louis somone-or-other who was head of EP Cycling. He admitted having received (and subsequently lost) my docs. He was to have rectified the matter with CSA - guess what ? Bogroll. And I believe this guy has been awarded a senior position with CSA ? Man, if they were a disaster before, God help cycling in SA now.

Your 2010 cycling licence has been confirmed and is queued for printing !

yep thats last years. I cant really comment on processes for last year, so all i can suggest is you is to go to csams.cyclingsa.com and apply for your 2011 and hopefully your experience will be better.........

yep thats last years. I cant really comment on processes for last year, so all i can suggest is you is to go to csams.cyclingsa.com and apply for your 2011 and hopefully your experience will be better.........

Thks for your concern but I am only caught once - I am old and too trustworthy but I am not yet a senile old fool, easily parted from his money. As I said earlier, in my humble opinion, CSA are a bunch of fraudsters. They have lost another potential money cow.

TANKMAN says:

"Dont know what your issue was but this year was the easiest yet. Applied, Approved and Issued within a week."

I don't know what the issue is either, but almost two months later and I still don't have my renewal done...I have given up on follow ups,as I don't make a living out of cycling and therefore"pay as I go from next year for me" Thank you very much !

Edited by baie-sukkel