Simonsvlei Pics - please add

THE BODY CENTRE

Mark happily showing his new shorts! NICE!!

What the hell??? Is jy nou ernstig - is di? ou onder 16???Shocked As ek nie na die nommer op sy rug gekyk het nie sou ek wragtig gedink het hy's 19 of 20. (lyk bietjie na Michael actually)

Ook maar goed die ouens moet hulle liga nommers dra anders kan jy jou mos lelik vasloopLOLEmbarrassed

Hoekom nellie, het jy so bietjie craddle snatching oorweeg?Wink

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoekom nellie' date=' het jy so bietjie craddle snatching oorweeg?Wink
[/quote']

HmmmmConfused...ahhhhhShocked....ermEmbarrassed....welllllllllllllllllllllllllllll....

Nee kyk...gaan gewoonlik vir ouer ouens. Maar flippit - ek het bietjie vasgehaak by daai foto, probeer uitfigure wie hierdie Mark nou eintlik is en toe sien ek die U/16 nommertjie...bummer!Shocked

So neeeee...ek's nie so cool op die babysitting ding nieLOL

...of dalk net my Bloem baby............Wink

What the hell??? Is jy nou ernstig - is di? ou onder 16???Shocked As ek nie na die nommer op sy rug gekyk het nie sou ek wragtig gedink het hy's 19 of 20. (lyk bietjie na Michael actually)

Ook maar goed die ouens moet hulle liga nommers dra anders kan jy jou mos lelik vasloopLOLEmbarrassed

Nellie, your luck is in -  Wink Mark is a 2nd year Junior ...

I see nellies toy boy has a Harmony top on but grey shorts (come on nellie you did notice that didn't you???).  If he was riding Elites or SV they would have fined him for that at Durbanville for not riding in club shorts.  I wonder why they did not apply the rules consistently then? 

Could be that he is riding with a cyclosport licence?  Probably the only way of escaping the cycling police...

Nellie' date=' your luck is in -  Wink Mark is a 2nd year Junior ...
[/quote']

huh? okay...i'm not quite with you now...do they all just ride with U/16 numbers or what?

Oh and on Chrispy and BMC's discussion on the junior gears - those things work on my nerves - i get to 54km/h on the flats and then i can't ride anymore because the gears just can't!

But in the last month or so i finally get the hang of it and now i'm not racing...grrrrr!

The U/16 and Jnrs ride together as Senior Scholars. Here is a slightly fuller view of their numbers!

20071113_124500_PB110100.jpg

WH - those shorts count for neutral kit. Not marked with any sponsor other than the manufacturer's logo.

Nellie' date=' your luck is in -  Wink Mark is a 2nd year Junior ...
[/quote']

huh? okay...i'm not quite with you now...do they all just ride with U/16 numbers or what?

Oh and on Chrispy and BMC's discussion on the junior gears - those things work on my nerves - i get to 54km/h on the flats and then i can't ride anymore because the gears just can't!

But in the last month or so i finally get the hang of it and now i'm not racing...grrrrr!

The restricted gears are to protect the growing muscles from damage in the long run. And more importantly to teach you to spin! He who spins the fastest wins!!!!

In Europe if you buy a bike for a youngster the Bike shops automatically changes the gears to the specific age category. In South Africa no one cares unless you ask for it.

Thanks Ronelle, that makes sense.  Seems you have to read these rules backwards to make sense of all the loopholes and restrictions

I see nellies toy boy has a Harmony top on but grey shorts (come on nellie you did notice that didn't you???).

LOLLOLLOL

Geez...you're making me feel old!Confused Ja...saw the shorts - don't like the grey much, but anyways...tastes differSmile

The restricted gears are to protect the growing muscles from damage in the long run. And more importantly to teach you to spin! He who spins the fastest wins!!!!
In Europe if you buy a bike for a youngster the Bike shops automatically changes the gears to the specific age category. In South Africa no one cares unless you ask for it.

Ja i know i know, but it's still not funCry - i love big gearsBig%20smile and it gets to me when i still have lots of power left, but i can't keep up with the guysOuchEmbarrassed

But jip - my LBS had to order gears for me, came within 2 days, but still - when i just started out riding u/16 it was a whole schlep to get my parents to understand that if i want to race i have to get the gears first...

OK Ronelle' date=' NOW I HAVE YOU!!!  He is wearing Maverick shorts, but the anti-style police did not get him!  [/quote']

I wondered whether you were going to comment! But yes, you are correct. Maybe Southern Freestate Cycling is less strict OR his kit was approved as they do have to present their full kit on entry for the Jun Tour.

Nellie - couldnt resist! Do the black shorts work better for you? Wink (This is Wayne's pic from Jnr tour)

20071113_130641_20070402_091819.jpg

.........and this is exactly why i love the girls on the hub so much......

Hug

Nice combination of colours on the bike and kit too!

Mark is still a sponsored Maverick rider, and he decided to go and ride for Harmony. The agreement was that he must wear Maverick shorts until the end of his contract.