SORE THROAT

zerocalves

HAPPENS EVERY YEAR BEFORE THE ARGUS - IT GETS REALLY HOT AND SOMEHOW IN SPITE OF MY BEST INTENTIONS I END UP BEING EXPOSED TO AIRCONDITIONING AND GET A SORE THROAT. NOW I AM SUCKING STREPSILS LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW AND HOPING IT GOES AWAY. BUT NOW ITS PLAYING ON MY MIND.....THE MORE I THINK ABOUT WANTING IT TO GO THE MORE IT SEEMS LIKE ITS STILL THERE..

ANYBODY HAVE ANY MIRACLE REMEDIES?

HAPPENS EVERY YEAR BEFORE THE ARGUS - IT GETS REALLY HOT AND SOMEHOW IN SPITE OF MY BEST INTENTIONS I END UP BEING EXPOSED TO AIRCONDITIONING AND GET A SORE THROAT. NOW I AM SUCKING STREPSILS LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW AND HOPING IT GOES AWAY. BUT NOW ITS PLAYING ON MY MIND.....THE MORE I THINK ABOUT WANTING IT TO GO THE MORE IT SEEMS LIKE ITS STILL THERE..

ANYBODY HAVE ANY MIRACLE REMEDIES?

Vitamin C!!!

Ginger Tea

See a Dr if it persists - a throat infection can lead to serious illness

In my opinion you most propably have a sinus drip. So sucking on strepsils only treats the simptom and not the cause. I would suggest getting something like a nasal spray and make sure your sinusses are sorted out.

Guest eyecandy

Its more than likely just sinus/allergies. Suck Medi-keel lozengers

My first thought would be that it's throat cancer or the start of congo fever.

But that's just my non medical diagnosis - maybe go see your GP for proper medical advice and some antibiotics to klap the goggas on the head.

My own belief (shoot me down if you will) is not to play around with herbal remedies before a big race - bring out a sledgehammer and bliksem the thing.

But that's just my non medical diagnosis - maybe go see your GP for proper medical advice and some antibiotics to klap the goggas on the head.

My own belief (shoot me down if you will) is not to play around with herbal remedies before a big race - bring out a sledgehammer and bliksem the thing.

AGREE thanks

Yeah, there's a lot of that going around. The kids bring it home from nursery school and stuff.

Not sure id antibiotics will help for a sore throat... I have the same issue with these dam aircons! Best start is to get out of that environment or at least sit near an open window. The dry air is probably causing sinus... Which in turn causes sore throat. Agree on the orochlor and some sinustat (Or whatever). Just make sure it doesn’t get to your chest cos then you getting into dangerous territory if you still going to ride!

I struggle with sore throat all year round - most often putting it down to force-feeding on morning air whilst training. Also suffer from allergy sinus, which does not help. :rolleyes:

Best thing I've found to sort it - and the bonus is it doesn't affect the rest of your system: go and buy yourself Listerene mouthwash, I use the strong blue one. Gargle with that. It works. :thumbup: