Crank Brothers SPD convertee

So today I did my virgin ride on my new Crank Brother Smarty X pedals, I'm 100% converted.

Wow, what a difference compared to my Shimano SPDs. Both are the clipless platform types but in no way the same league.

The CBs are just so much slicker with the mount and dismount. Originally I was not convinced that I would stay clipped in but zero problems on my commute this morning. And its a commute with some steep gradients.

Clipping out was so smooth I never heard or felt it. This is great as I'm still nursing a sprained ankle and I need to make sure its not clipped in on the uphills. Heck, my ankle is so sensitive to sideways movement at the moment that I even need to be careful when off the bike, but the CBs put zero strain on them.

I'm 100% converted to CB and love the Cool Aid :)

Well the Candy X only cost R250 with duties and postage from CRC, so no real loss for me to go full eggbeater or Look.

The only reason why I got these was I though my right pedal was broken, it turned out to be a loss crank arm but I had already ordered the Candy X.

But I already found a good home for my old Shimano SPDs, but feel better now knowing that I'm giving them away for free :) after having ridden my CBs