Babba's Lodge - March 2011

Albereth

Was fun! I'd just enjoy an extra waterpoint on the 70km.

Who took photos?

Edited by b-unit

Yeah it was nice

Was my second time racing there. The first time I did the 70km but did the 35 yesterday. Course was a good mix of lotsa loose sand, mud some rocky bits although not too serious. Always an awesome venue and race.

And :blush: I took a tumble in some thick sand close to finish. Thanks to the guy who helped me get up.

Who took photos?

unfortunitaly you had to buy the photo's at the venue, they dont sell them anywhere else

Yeah was a cool event. I did the 35KM and was sweet. The loose sand took my front wheel a few times lol.

I did it in 1h50, what did every one else do it in?

Is there any way we can still get photo's?

Damn, would like a pic. Anybody have their e-mail (or at least the name)? Stoked with my 2:58 for the 70.

I was impressed by the markings to find the venue. Tried getting on the site with my phone to get directions to get there and the site was offline. Luckily saw the yellow boards for Babbas lodge on the N1 and followed them all the way to the start. Well done guys :thumbup:

I believe Babbas is an awesome starter event - being new to MTB, my intention is to start racing. How true is this?

Also - does anyone have a schedule for these events? I believe it happens every month?

Will do some research on Google as well - any advice or comment would be appreciated...

I believe Babbas is an awesome starter event - being new to MTB, my intention is to start racing. How true is this?

Also - does anyone have a schedule for these events? I believe it happens every month?

Will do some research on Google as well - any advice or comment would be appreciated...

Checkout the Cycle Lab website under online entries / mountain bikes - they have all the races listed there and you can enter online. Babbas is flat and fast, nice place to find your feet with racing.

My favourite is Vori- Berg.

Awesome race!!! thanks to all the organisers and everybody involved. Took my kids with and they too had a wonderful time. I like the fact that you can take the whole family and there is something (race wise) to do for everybody...my kids are so impressed with their medals, i think its awsome that they all get some kind of recognition... :clap:

02.55 for the 7okm,(not to bad for a 53 year old) had a brilliant line sprint with another rider who stole it by 2/ 100th of a second, we'd been at each other for vertually the whole second lap.