Formula 1...

'Dale

Nice job by Nico. Haven't seen anybody dominate an entire Monaco weekend like this. Special tyre testing or not... :whistling:

Speaking of tyres, get that rubbish sorted so the guys can race.

But blaaksis, somebody needs to go out and give that Perez a good solid klap behind the left ear. I nominate Kimi. To just yell "Sorry boyz, I'm inside and not braking, you must jump out of the way!"... is not on. And now I see he's actually blaming Kimi for the accident! :eek: Having ridden into the back of him...?! That was just short of what Grosjean (wow, weekend from hell...) did - at least RG got a grid penalty for it.

For me - driver of the day was Sutil! :thumbup:

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job by Nico. Haven't seen anybody dominate an entire Monaco weekend like this. Special tyre testing or not... :whistling:

Speaking of tyres, get that rubbish sorted so the guys can race.

But blaaksis, somebody needs to go out and give that Perez a good solid klap behind the left ear. I nominate Kimi. To just yell "Sorry boyz, I'm inside and not braking, you must jump out of the way!"... is not on. And now I see he's actually blaming Kimi for the accident! :eek: Having ridden into the back of him...?! That was just short of what Grosjean (wow, weekend from hell...) did - at least RG got a grid penalty for it.

For me - driver of the day was Sutil! :thumbup:

Not to mention Massa - two identical accidents in as many days! :eek:

Dysfunctionality in F1? Teams behaving like playground children...? Yeah, sounds about right! Still, at least don't look like the wannabe batmobiles that ran the Indy 500 last night! :eek: Goooood grief... Can't believe what I saw - and didn't look for longer than 2 laps.

Some interesting political points being made - and Pirelli has got them in a spot, because if they now say cheers, there'd be some frantic skarrel-ing going on. And I'm not surprised Pirelli is getting fed-up. They've been asked to develop a tyre one way, with minimal testing input. They do so. Now, a third through the season, it must change again. This time with seemingly bugger-all testing input. Whilst all the time taking the flak for the state F1 is in - purely because they did as they were asked to do.

Though if those figures by word of mouth are to be believed, somebody took chances and it's not as if it's going to be "what's a 0 between two friends?" are going to cut it. Testing 1000 laps (on different cars and with different drivers than understood, possibly, maybe, we could be led to potentially believe :ph34r: ) is a bit different than the 100 laps signed off.

Aaah, we'll see. Some off-track intrigue, what's a season without some of that?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22654575

In an attempt to find out, BBC Sport has been crunching some numbers. The claim is that the Pirelli tyres do not allow drivers to push to the limit in races, unlike in the Bridgestone era pre-2011. So we have compared the five races so far this year with the same races since 2010, which is particularly relevant as a reference as it was the only year the more consistent Bridgestone tyres were used when there was no refuelling.

BBC F1 technical analyst Gary Anderson has worked out the winners' average race lap time and the difference between that and his qualifying time, to establish how much slower the driver is going in the race. The numbers look like this:

2013: 7.57secs

2012: 7.03secs

2011: 8.24secs

2010: 6.67secs

The first thing that strikes you is that the margins between the Pirelli and Bridgestone eras are much smaller than you might imagine from the current complaints.

But then you have to take into account the introduction of the DRS overtaking aid in 2011, and the modifications to its usage for this year. That means subtracting a second from the numbers in 2011-12 and 0.5secs this season, to account for the advantage DRS gives in qualifying. Do that and the numbers look like this:

2013: 7.07secs

2012: 6.03secs

2011: 7.24secs

2010: 6.67secs

In other words, the numbers suggest that, give or take a couple of tenths of a second, the drivers are going no slower in the races this year than they were in 2010.

Marshals to blame for Perez' behaviour. By enforcing Alonso's penalty they gave him a green light to attack the chicane like a lunatic.

Agree! Well the race officials at least are to blame.

What about the Ferrari, wow it was a donkey around Monaco sending Massa into the barriers twice while it appeared that Alonso was trying to steer a Ford Falcon rather than a Formula 1 around the hairpin bends.

What about the Ferrari, wow it was a donkey around Monaco sending Massa into the barriers twice while it appeared that Alonso was trying to steer a Ford Falcon rather than a Formula 1 around the hairpin bends.

:lol:

I heard on the radio that Kimi says that Perez should be "hit in the face..."

http://livesniffpetrol.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/PicNews130528.jpg

Marshals to blame for Perez' behaviour. By enforcing Alonso's penalty they gave him a green light to attack the chicane like a lunatic.

Might've help that there was a Mexican on the Steward's Panel...

Ferrari has released a statement saying it was a suspension failure and that they are still investigating the root cause.

I heard on the radio that Kimi says that Perez should be "hit in the face..."

Kimi first in line and the I'm sure Button will have a warm PK for Perez too. Sutil was definitely driver of the day-brilliant safe overtaking where no-one else thought possible.

Williams confirm their move to Merc engines! At this stage 2014 looks like this:

Ferrari

Ferrari

Sauber

Mercedes

Mercedes

McLaren (Moves to Honda in 2015)

Williams

Renault

Red Bull

Toro Rosso

TBC:

Caterham (Almost certainly Renault due to road car ties)

Force India (Merc, but with strong rumors they will be moving to Ferrari)

Murassia (Most likely Ferrari with Jules Bianchi thrown in)

Lotus (Lots of rumors with it sounding fairly certain they won't be running Renault due to cost and hefty deposits)

Edited by The Crow

Williams confirm their move to Merc engines! At this stage 2014 looks like this:

Ferrari

Ferrari

Sauber

Mercedes

Mercedes

McLaren (Moves to Honda in 2015)

Williams

Renault

Red Bull

Toro Rosso

TBC:

Caterham (Almost certainly Renault due to road car ties)

Force India (Merc, but with strong rumors they will be moving to Ferrari)

Murassia (Most likely Ferrari with Jules Bianchi thrown in)

Lotus (Lots of rumors with it sounding fairly certain they won't be running Renault due to cost and hefty deposits)

Pretty sure Force India have already confirmed Merc engines for 2014 and beyond... those Ferrari rumours were from last yr I think - been clarified since.

Renault have a challenge - as you say they are apparently more expensive but they need more customer teams to stay viable in F1

Edited by dracs

FI has a technical co-op deal with McLaren just like Murassia. Engine contract expires end of this year. That's part of FI's long delay last year with announcing a driver. Thinking was Bianchi with a 2014 engine deal, but they couldn't agree terms with Fer.