Formula 1...

'Dale

Apparently... now the teams can't agree on the new tyres - and rain in Canada on Friday did limit testing. Now Pirelli can't introduce the new tyres at Silverstone.

I won't be surprised if Pirelli really says "stuff it" soon.

Check this for tyre wear! :eek: Perez after Spain:

http://en.espnf1.com/PICTURES/CMS/18500/18507.jpg

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently... now the teams can't agree on the new tyres - and rain in Canada on Friday did limit testing. Now Pirelli can't introduce the new tyres at Silverstone.

This tyre issue is getting out of control.

I also feel that the Formula 1 and Pirelli relationship is close to melting point.

Let's be honest, the last 2 Grand Prix's have been extremely boring thanks to the tires being rubbish in Monaco* and too good in Canada.

*Disclaimer, Nearly every Monaco GP is a snooze fest but this one was particularly bad.

What will happen if Pirelli pull out at the end of the year? So next year all the drivers will be without tyres!!! What is all the fuss about limit testing on tyres! The offical needs to think about safety...

What will happen if Pirelli pull out at the end of the year? So next year all the drivers will be without tyres!!! What is all the fuss about limit testing on tyres! The offical needs to think about safety...

The FIA will either cave into pressure from Pirelli and agree to their terms or rush a new supplier such as Hancook and it will be a major kook-up!

Agreed there needs to be more tire testing.

The FIA will either cave into pressure from Pirelli and agree to their terms or rush a new supplier such as Hancook and it will be a major kook-up!

Agreed there needs to be more tire testing.

Hancook said it will take them 3 years to get tyres ready for Formula! So the drivers will have to use old tyres from back yards for the next 2 years.... Ha! ha!

Apparently some form of two-day tyre test is scheduled shortly. Presumably for everybody. :whistling: Remember reading about it, can't remember the detail, though...

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly F1... they call that a penalty?! :eek: They penalise guys more for returning to the pits in quali sessions.

Then, Le Mans (sorry, no other thread for this): what an epic race! Hate to have been a team manager - and was sooo peeved when the Astons got their gamble wrong under the last safety car. Close battle until then!

Tom Kristensen, what a legend - 9 Le Mans wins. Great seeing him and Jackie Ickx together. Awesome comeback for Ant Davidson to ride that car into 2nd place, only a lap down after last year.

Sadly, all overshadowed by the early crash and subsequent loss of Allan Simonsen.

Yeah, and in the first 10 minutes of the race. Very sad indeed.

As for the race - what a race! Audi owned it from beginning to end, but that Toyota Hybrid, coming out the corners!!! Yoh yoh yoh!

And next weekend is a wonderful one. Quali for F1, followed by Moto Gippie...

http://en.espnf1.com/PICTURES/CMS/18500/18507.jpg

Yoh!

Firstly F1... they call that a penalty?! :eek: They penalise guys more for returning to the pits in quali sessions.

From Sniff Petrol:

That FIA tribunal verdict in full

by Sniff Petrol on Friday, June 21st, 2013

http://sniffpetrol.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Paris1930s.jpg

Paris, yesterday

Justice Malheureusement (chairman of the FIA International Tribunal hearing): Ladies and gentlemen, after much deliberation my colleagues and I have reached a verdict in this hearing. It is our view that, by taking part in the disputed three day tyre testing session in Barcelona, Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 team clearly and wilfully acted in breach of articles 1 and 151 of the International Sporting Code. We therefore have no choice but to punish the team to the full extent of our powers.

Sir Philip Ecspensyve (Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 legal representative): My client regretfully understands your verdict and certainly hopes it won’t cause Mercedes to decide that they no longer want to participate in Formula 1.

Justice Malheureusement: The punishment is as follows; Mercedes is to pay a fine of 100 million dollars and will be stripped of all world championship points accrued…

Bernard Ecclestone: [coughs loudly]

Justice Malheureusement: Erm… accrued to date in the 2013 seas…

Jean Todt: [coughs very loudly]

Justice Malheureusement: I’m sorry, I appear to have mis-read my own writing. The punishment accorded to Mercedes F1 is to be told that they are very naughty and to spend the next five minutes looking at their shoes. Furthermore, they will be sent to bed tonight with no supper.

Sir Philip Ecspensyve: My client respectfully accepts this punishment.

Justice Malheureusement: Good. Oh, and they can’t take part in the forthcoming young driver test day.

Sam Bird: [anguished cry]

•  

Brilliant!

Just one more question on Le Mans: I noticed it on the podium footage - does anybody know why one German flag was flown up-side down?! Was it just deur-die-mis-geit or was there another reason?

Brilliant!

Just one more question on Le Mans: I noticed it on the podium footage - does anybody know why one German flag was flown up-side down?! Was it just deur-die-mis-geit or was there another reason?

One of the drivers died,

Yeah, but upside down flag is signal of distress, not mourning. Mourning is shown by flags flying half-mast - as the Danish flags were flying everywhere.

Brilliant!

If you were a French flag bearer who had been drinking for the last 24 hours, would you be able to hang 3 flags the right way up? Luckily Toyota's Japanese flag was a win win.

Silverstone:

Hamster blasts to pole position

1st row Merc

2nd RB

Ferrari way down in 10, 12.

Alonso will come with one of those stellar fight backs again.

...adn Kimi spoke! "Why did you not call me in?!" I can imagine somebody got klapped with a helmet after the race.

Super comeback from Webber, Alonso and the Hamster, Massa turned around a horrible weekend after his tyres went as well... and where the heck did he pull that start from?! :eek:

But to yet again have tyres as the main talking point is not on. That was ridiculous. :cursing: