Formula 1...

'Dale

:w00t:

Massa suffers from the same issue as Pedrosa - mentally not strong enough. I think he'll be strong in the first part of this year, but as soon as Bottas finds his rhythm and out-qualify and out-race Massa he will struggle mentally. But I seriously hope Williams has found good form and pace. Lots of it.

Strangely enough I was watching some old motoGP races this weekend and came to the realization that pedrosa will probably end up being one of the greatest motoGP riders never to win a title.

Sad but true.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strangely enough I was watching some old motoGP races this weekend and came to the realization that pedrosa will probably end up being one of the greatest motoGP riders never to win a title.

Sad but true.

Presuming you're only talking "senior-class title" here. But there's a lot of Biaggi and Mamola fans that will beg to differ on that not-so-wanted award... Personally think Max should win that award.

Presuming you're only talking "senior-class title" here. But there's a lot of Biaggi and Mamola fans that will beg to differ on that not-so-wanted award... Personally think Max should win that award.

I am talking only premier class.

I believe a couple of days ago Marco Simoncelli was inducted as a MotoGP lagend. WTF!!!!!

What notable achievements has he achieved that Biaggi, Capirossi, Barros, etc haven't achieved and more.

Its a disgrace!!!!

I am talking only premier class.

I believe a couple of days ago Marco Simoncelli was inducted as a MotoGP lagend. WTF!!!!!

What notable achievements has he achieved that Biaggi, Capirossi, Barros, etc haven't achieved and more.

Its a disgrace!!!!

Erm, he was kinda a child prodigy until he got dead...

Erm, he was kinda a child prodigy until he got dead...

Compared to the Rossi's, Biaggi's and the like, one 250cc championship is hardly prodigy status. If it wasn't for the nature of his death he would not have the perceived status he does now.

Compared to the Rossi's, Biaggi's and the like, one 250cc championship is hardly prodigy status. If it wasn't for the nature of his death he would not have the perceived status he does now.

True, but he was on his way to a very promising gp career.... we'll never know what would have happened after his death had he carried on riding. ..

True, but he was on his way to a very promising gp career.... we'll never know what would have happened after his death had he carried on riding. ..

I always wonder how much his death has played a part in Rossi's lacklustre seasons since then.

He was a full factory spec Honda at the time of his death. He wasn't exactly riding to its potential. People seem to always idolize a person when he dies, tragic as it may be he was going to seriously injure or kill somone eventually.

I feel 1 250cc championship does not make you a legend.

I mean they already named a circuit after him, what next.

He was a full factory spec Honda at the time of his death. He wasn't exactly riding to its potential. People seem to always idolize a person when he dies, tragic as it may be he was going to seriously injure or kill somone eventually.

I feel 1 250cc championship does not make you a legend.

I mean they already named a circuit after him, what next.

It is just a gesture, and I think that is cool. He had great talent and potential.

It is just a gesture, and I think that is cool. He had great talent and potential.

I hear you, but it diminishes the legend title if you're handint out willy nilly based on what you think the rider may have achieved had he not passed away.

They started this precedent with Daijiro Kato, who was an amazing talent also taken too soon, and it seems it will continue. I just think think have been many riders, as mentioned before, who were more deserving of the title.

Hijack off, this is a F1 thread afterall.

Hamiltons comments on testing thus far:

"It's definitely the weirdest and most difficult pre-season to be able to judge where everyone is," he said.

He goes on to say that he still believes Vettel is the target, can't wait for the racing to begin now!!!!

I hear you, but it diminishes the legend title if you're handint out willy nilly based on what you think the rider may have achieved had he not passed away.

They started this precedent with Daijiro Kato, who was an amazing talent also taken too soon, and it seems it will continue. I just think think have been many riders, as mentioned before, who were more deserving of the title.

Hijack off, this is a F1 thread afterall.

Hamiltons comments on testing thus far:

"It's definitely the weirdest and most difficult pre-season to be able to judge where everyone is," he said.

He goes on to say that he still believes Vettel is the target, can't wait for the racing to begin now!!!!

Thank goodness, I did not understand a word you guys were saying about all these scooter bike drivers.

Thank goodness, I did not understand a word you guys were saying about all these scooter bike drivers.

LOL, one day you can switch over and watch some real racing with the dudes on their scooters........

Iwan, is that for sure or just another speculation of which there is quite a number (some really awesome!) floating around? Because to my knowledge they will only reveal the livery in Australia.

But... it will be great to see the Martini stripes back!