Would you do the right thing...

MJ the Expat

it happened to me once on a fun ride (25km), a few of us got lost ended up at the top of this huge hill and we could see where we needed to be so found the quickest way down. I ended up with 24.something on the odometer and came in 2nd and informed the marshal that there was a mistake and we missed a section of the route. he put a little asterix against my name but when it came to prize giving i was called up for second place and scored R400. its not my fault they are dof.

I'm sure the legit 2nd place person felt the same and echo's that.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be great if people do live up to their responsibilities, how many actually do - very few I think. Just compare their finishing time (what they tell you) with the official results, even there they are "cheating" by lying to you.

Courses are always well marked, I can never understand how 99% of the riders manages to stay on course and only a few were so unfortunate that they didn't see the markers - in my opinion that was exactly what they wanted - a short cut.

Who studies the route?

Everyone including you should!

Question should be who does not study the route!?

Where do you get it?

Which route to you want? And what format do you want it in gpx tcx mapmyride garminconnect?

Routes are also on the organizers website. They normally give a clear description at least otherwise how would we know where to ride?

Sure, I can get a 800x600 pic of the route. However, when I'm cycling through winding single track I have no clue where I am! Studying a map won't help at all!

Road racing probably different...

Edited by Sports Vision

Coming third is different to top 100.

Third is usually podium.

I once took second at Dullstroom.

I was lying 8th. overall at one stage and when I rolled in at second place I immediately asked to be DQ'ed as I knew then that I had lost some distance on the route, turned out I missed out on an awesome 1.5 km's of forestry singletrack :angry:

Mind you I came second at the Magalies Monster in 2008

All good men come second my man, the ladies love it :thumbup:

I won the VoriBerg race a while ago. Didn't believe it, but then later found out that the 2 guys in front of me took a wrong turn...

Edited by Justin

Never good to claim something that is not yours.......unless of course, you're a hubber. Hubbers are always a notch or two above other cyclists and the masses in general anyway, so deserve a podium regardless! :D

I won the VoriBerg race a while ago. Didn't believe it, but then later found out that the 2 guys in front of me took a wrong turn...

Yes we have ways of taking care of those that take a wrong turn on purpose. :thumbdown:

The section where this problem arose quite often has been changed to ensure that the person that wins is the real winner :clap:

Highjack on, you need to contact me regarding your offer, i want to twist your arm with another suggestion for our event.

Never good to claim something that is not yours.......unless of course, you're a hubber. Hubbers are always a notch or two above other cyclists and the masses in general anyway, so deserve a podium regardless! :D

Hehe...hubbers ftw!