Polar CS500

Lucky Luke.

WebSync software for the DataLink USB device simply does not work. Mac, PC, any machine, does not matter. If you enable auto-start on the CS500 your training sessions will not be transferrable with WebSync. This is the only way for me to get the data off the device.

Even if you get it off the unit, your data is trapped in polarpersonaltrainer.com - you are restricted to the crappy data view offered there. You do not own your own exercise data. Polar controls what you do with it. Idiots.

The unit is designed to rattle. Metal unit meets metal bike mount = constant rattling. Nobody thought of this? Design award my ass. Did anybody in Finland actually use this thing before they shipped it?

http://forum.polar.f...77&postcount=18

Do not buy this piece of ****. Sending mine back to CRC today. I used to hate Polar because they were too dumb to provide mac support for their products. Now I just hate them because their products don't work. How is it they are allowed to sell stuff that does not do what it says it does?

Garmin here I come. Why on earth have I waited so long?

Edited by Lucky Luke.

Polar is simply crap. Propriety protocol. Lose warranty if you change the batteries!!!! What utter nonsense. Why on earth would one want to purchase a Polar.

I can really recommend the edge 500 if you're going for a garmin. I've used mine now for a month and its worked perfectly. You can transfer the data online or into your favourite software (I'm using Sport Tracks). It came with all the necessary sensors (speed and cadence) and has user changeable batteries for the components.

I can really recommend the edge 500 if you're going for a garmin. I've used mine now for a month and its worked perfectly. You can transfer the data online or into your favourite software (I'm using Sport Tracks). It came with all the necessary sensors (speed and cadence) and has user changeable batteries for the components.

Thanks, I'm sending this thing back to CRC and upgrading to the 800 performance bundle. Looks like the shizzle, can't wait! Great reviews and does what it says it does on the tin.

Did you even bother to contact Polar Support? I did and got Websync software that works :)

WebSync software for the DataLink USB device simply does not work. Mac, PC, any machine, does not matter. If you enable auto-start on the CS500 your training sessions will not be transferrable with WebSync. This is the only way for me to get the data off the device.

Even if you get it off the unit, your data is trapped in polarpersonaltrainer.com - you are restricted to the crappy data view offered there. You do not own your own exercise data. Polar controls what you do with it. Idiots.

The unit is designed to rattle. Metal unit meets metal bike mount = constant rattling. Nobody thought of this? Design award my ass. Did anybody in Finland actually use this thing before they shipped it?

Do not buy this piece of ****. Sending mine back to CRC today. I used to hate Polar because they were too dumb to provide mac support for their products. Now I just hate them because their products don't work. How is it they are allowed to sell stuff that does not do what it says it does?

Did you even bother to contact Polar Support? I did and got Websync software that works :)

I had a Garmin. The cadence sensor is not water friendly at all. Had to basically open it after every bike wash to make sure it dries properly. Kept losing the signal between the HR strap computer as well as cadence sensor, very annoying especially on long training rides.

I had a Garmin. The cadence sensor is not water friendly at all. Had to basically open it after every bike wash to make sure it dries properly. Kept losing the signal between the HR strap computer as well as cadence sensor, very annoying especially on long training rides.

I have reinstalled websync multiple times and installed 'beta' versions which are supposed to fix the issue. Hasn't made a jot of difference.

Frankly they need to sort this and release a version of the software that works. Otherwise they are selling a device under false pretences. This problem dates back a year and there is no solution that I am aware of, certainly not one Polar have announced or presented in any coherent way.

Not good enough. It's going back.

Must agree they rattle like S..T. Sorted it out elastic bands! Software is however an issue

Youll enjoy the Garmin 800 or the 500 even!

Dont know if you have seen this report on the 800 yet but just to help along the drooling factor, here it is again!

DC Rainmaker 800 in Depth report

Ja, saw this review, pretty exhaustive and there isn't much the 800 doesn't do. Looking forward to owning one.

Did you even bother to contact Polar Support?

Ok, I'm not sure why but after I read your post I felt a small pang of guilt that I had not. So I mailed them with all the details of my issue, all the debugging processes and reading I've spent many hours on etc.

It took the autoresponder 2 days to come through, just to acknowledge my email:

Hello,

Thank you for your email to Polar global customer support.

Your message has been received and we will reply to you as soon as

possible.

Polar Customer Support Team

www.polar.fi

It is now 3 days later and that's still all I have for my trouble.

Looks like their customer service is even worse than the product & software design.