Vitality Points for Mountain bike rides

bosb4k

You can add the event yourself. As long as the results are published somewhere, eg www.spectrumsport.co.za (mtb/triathlon/duathlon) / www.racetec.co.za (road/mtb) / www.championchip.co.za (running/road) / www.raceresults.co.za (running) you can claim your points

Oh boy - that changes things. Thanks! Will go back and have a decent look now.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pity it's limited to so few mtb events, at least in this part of the world...

Not sure what you mean?

If it is not listed as an event, just click on the "Event add request" and the event is added. (I have created many road events that were not on the list)

As long as they can get to confirm your participation with the event organizer, like a link back to your racetec results, it is all systems go!

You can earn point for all the timed MTB events coming up :D

(I cant, reached maximum points already :clap:)

@ chris_w_65

Not sure if one can make it to gold status with just the two tests. I think one would also have to complete some of the online tests too.

Ask Tankman, he will be able to answer that.

Edited by maggi

@ chris_w_65

Not sure if one can make it to gold status with just the two tests. I think one would also have to complete some of the online tests too.

Ask Tankman, he will be able to answer that.

But I think there is a limit of 15000 fitness points plus 15000 bonus points. I think you get all from 2 fitness tests

I think I got something like 21000 points from 1 visit to Dischem with all the tests and I also did some online stuff on the website - also non smoking declaration

Edited by chris_w_65

Am I mistaken or can you not get all the available points by going for 2 fitness tests in a year? Seems a lot easier than missioning.

Yes you can, if you achieve maximum bonus points each time.

You are allowed 15 000 base points and 15 000 bonus points per year.

For one fitness test you will earn 7500points and 7500 bonus points.

Do it again 5 months later and you have maxed out your fitness points

Edited by Tankman

Not sure what you mean?

If it is not listed as an event, just click on the "Event add request" and the event is added. (I have created many road events that were not on the list)

As long as they can get to confirm your participation with the event organizer, like a link back to your racetec results, it is all systems go!

You can earn point for all the timed MTB events coming up :D

(I cant, reached maximum points already :clap:)

Ja thanks TM - my first cursory glance had me thinking it was limited to the mtb events listed after using the drop-down arrows on the left! Will take a proper look when I'm at the pc again...

This is actually going to get the wife excited about my mtb'ing! :)

Yes you can, if you achieve maximum bonus points each time.

You are allowed 15 000 base points and 15 000 bonus points per year.

For one fitness test you will earn 7500points and 7500 bonus points.

Do it again 5 months later and you have maxed out your fitness points

I find this route much easier than missioning with Polar and race points (besides, I have a Garmin anyway)

Am I correct you can also do 2 health checks at Dischem and also 2 visits to the nutritionist per year? That is a whole load of points.

I find this route much easier than missioning with Polar and race points (besides, I have a Garmin anyway)

Am I correct you can also do 2 health checks at Dischem and also 2 visits to the nutritionist per year? That is a whole load of points.

I dont bother with gym points or polar either, they earn you only 150 points per workout. (also have Garmin)

Thing about SA-active, if you are already doing races, submit and earn bonus points while you wait for the 5 months to pass before doing your second fitness assessment, all free of charge. SA-active is free!

Yes, you can do two checkups per year. The first will cost you nothing, the second will be claimed from your Medical Savings facility. I am way over gold status to even consider doing anything twice in the same year ... but yea the 2nd yearly checkup is in your own best interest!

You will only earn points once for the nutritionist.

Edited by Tankman

If you want some step by step tips on how to reach Gold Status, pm me your email address

or watch the hub ... our next Vitality day is not too far away ... this time probably in Somerset West.

I dont bother with gym points or polar either, they earn you only 150 points per workout. (also have Garmin)

Thing about SA-active, if you are already doing races, submit and earn bonus points while you wait for the 5 months to pass before doing your second fitness assessment, all free of charge. SA-active is free!

Yes, you can do two checkups per year. The first will cost you nothing, the second will be claimed from your Medical Savings facility. I am way over gold status to even consider doing anything twice in the same year ... but yea the 2nd yearly checkup is in your own best interest!

You will only earn points once for the nutritionist.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

I have only done the Dischem, by the time I do the fitness I will be way over 45000

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

I have only done the Dischem, by the time I do the fitness I will be way over 45000

If you have done some races already this year, submit them and you can earn up to 15 000 + 5000 bonus points before you have even done the Fitness assessment ;) That should also take you way over 45 000 then.

All in the comfort of ... a mouse click!

Yes I want Vitality points, but why is it that a 3 day stage race (Grape Escape) gives me 1,400 points and the Argus Road race gives 5,000 points. Even the 99er gave me 5,000 points! Can you believe 228 km Off road vs 108 km on Tar??

Half Ironman gives me fewer points too. Takes me twice as long as a 100 km road race to finish, and it certainly takes me a lot longer to get the required fitness.

Full Ironman is worth the same as Argus or other 100 km road race? Yeah right. :blink: :o After doing your second lap of the Argus, run back to Cape Point. And you get to swim to the start from Camps Bay for a warm-up.

There's bigger problems in life than fighting for Vitality points. :rolleyes:

If you have done some races already this year, submit them and you can earn up to 15 000 + 5000 bonus points before you have even done the Fitness assessment ;) That should also take you way over 45 000 then.

All in the comfort of ... a mouse click!

No races yet for me. Have started entering.

Half Ironman gives me fewer points too. Takes me twice as long as a 100 km road race to finish, and it certainly takes me a lot longer to get the required fitness.

Full Ironman is worth the same as Argus or other 100 km road race? Yeah right. :blink: :o After doing your second lap of the Argus, run back to Cape Point. And you get to swim to the start from Camps Bay for a warm-up.

There's bigger problems in life than fighting for Vitality points. :rolleyes:

Yup, I think the idea with SA-active is to reward you for doing many events... not give you a million points for one (Ironman like) event.

Personally I feel that they should give you 5000 bonus points for every 5 events you do, not only the first 5 and then that is it.

Think I have submitted 9 road events + 1 Triathlon already and it is not even mtb season yet!

I been on diamond now for 4 years - and its actually fairly easy to get to gold - but if you go back over the last 7 years they make it more difficult every year - i remember when a 40km mtb race got you 5000 points and a road race of 75km got you 5000 points. Now because both my kids are over 18 i got to get 150 000 points to stay on diamond. Also if you add aup what you spend in getting these points one needs to ask is it really worth it. But i do it every year just to see if i can maintain and also have 2 policies which pay out every 5 years the ammount depends on your status so Jan this year i got over 20K back from one policy.

I know many members who cycle, cheat the system to get max points in cycling.

1 cyclist

2 registered chips

10 races done (5 for the cyclist member) & (5 for non cyclist member) = 40 000 points "VOILA"

I been on diamond now for 4 years - and its actually fairly easy to get to gold - but if you go back over the last 7 years they make it more difficult every year - i remember when a 40km mtb race got you 5000 points and a road race of 75km got you 5000 points. Now because both my kids are over 18 i got to get 150 000 points to stay on diamond. Also if you add aup what you spend in getting these points one needs to ask is it really worth it. But i do it every year just to see if i can maintain and also have 2 policies which pay out every 5 years the ammount depends on your status so Jan this year i got over 20K back from one policy.

I know many members who cycle, cheat the system to get max points in cycling.

1 cyclist

2 registered chips

10 races done (5 for the cyclist member) & (5 for non cyclist member) = 40 000 points "VOILA"

Expensive to licence for 2 riders and pay double for every race :o