Vitality Points for Mountain bike rides

bosb4k

one needs to ask is it really worth it. But i do it every year just to see if i can maintain and also have 2 policies which pay out every 5 years the ammount depends on your status so Jan this year i got over 20K back from one policy.

:clap: seems worth it to me right there .... well done!

Edited by Tankman

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Expensive to licence for 2 riders and pay double for every race :o

No double entry fees

1 rider rides 10 races 5 under his name and 5 under his partners name. He gets 20 000 points legite and 20 000 points illegaly riding under his partners name - just shows if its illegal you'll find it in the sport of cycling :thumbup:

Edited by madmarc

No double entry fees

1 rider rides 10 races 5 under his name and 5 under his partners name. He gets 20 000 points legite and 20 000 points illegaly riding under his partners name - just shows if its illegal you'll find it in th esport od cycling :thumbup:

Your times don't show up if you didn't pay/enter, basically you are DQ

This wasn't too hard

1 visit to Dischem (I was there anyway and saw there was no queue at the nurse)

9 visits to gym

Log onto website a couple of times and fill in some stuff

Buy healthy food at Pick n Pay (I got R250.00 cash back this month but it would have been more if I swiped my Vitality card every time)

post-18048-0-28946200-1300990128.jpg

Edited by chris_w_65

Well done Chris!

Have a look at what difference SA-active made, this client have not yet done the blood tests (14 000 points) or the Fitness Assessment (will earn only 7500 bonus points for that since the base fitness points are maxed out) or the nutritional assessment (8000 Points)

That is 29 500 points just sitting there waiting! :D

post-4352-0-35715100-1301028299.jpg

What is all this Vitality sh@t . Was offered to me when I joined but it looked like a load of bull if you ask me .

I get free gym on Vitality because I am still on the old gym plan

I can easily get R500.00 cash back a month from buying healthy food at Pick n Pay or I can choose to rather have R1500.00 paid into my medical savings account every month

I think you can get up to 100% of every 5th year's life insurance premiums back

You can get discount on flights and car rentals

Anything else Tankman?

Check it out

I had a look at a little leaflet they left me and could not really see to much in it for me . Maybe I get the consultant back here .

I had a look at a little leaflet they left me and could not really see to much in it for me . Maybe I get the consultant back here .

if you dont:

travel much (flights, car, hotel)

movie at sterkinekor

buy at pick & pay

use gym

then you wont benefit too much

Aha , I gym 4 days a week , fly at least 2 a month and don't care for movies much .

then check it out... anything from 15-40% discount and some 50% when diamond. -it works for me because there is no admin involved in getting the discounts, just book on the sites.

doesnt cost much. i dont pay virgin active fees, that already is about R450 a month saving

if you are active you should be able to get gold withing 2-3months.

quick guide-

1. register vitality

2. do online stuff on vitality site.

3. do couple of races and gym (if you use polar you get more points)

4. do HIV test and health assesment at Discem (can claim back for tests if want to +- R400)

Edited by Mellow

What is all this Vitality sh@t . Was offered to me when I joined but it looked like a load of bull if you ask me .

:lol: Funny how people think Vitality is a load of crap or a scam when they dont understand it.

Ask madmarc how funny it was when they paid R20k back into his account!

There are people getting anything from R1500 to R3000 back per month. I dont know about you but in most cases that alone pays for you medical aid and some.

I can easily get R500.00 cash back a month from buying healthy food at Pick n Pay or I can choose to rather have R1500.00 paid into my medical savings account every month

Anything else Tankman?

Check it out

Yup those are the most common ones.

Gym

Health Foods

Medical Savings Booster

Ster Kinekor

Travel Discounts - on another thread a Vitality member travels internationally for ridiculously low prices

Kalula, British Airways, Emirates, Europcar

Internet Broadband

Then we have not even mentioned all the partners with Discovery Credit Card. You get cash back when shopping at these partners. Anything from 10 to 20%, depending on your status. Just another reason to get to Diamond.

Altech - cashback on your cell phone contract.

Pick n Pay, @home, Cape Union Mart, Clicks, Exclusive books, Frasers, Look & listen, Nandos, Reggies, Stuttafords, Totalsports, The Pro Shop, iStore, ToysRus, Contiki, World Leisure Holidays.

You dont have to undergo major life changes to take part in Vitality, it is there, you shop there already, why not get something out of it?

Anything else Tankman?

Check it out

chris, how does this work ?

:lol: Funny how people think Vitality is a load of crap or a scam when they dont understand it.

Ask madmarc how funny it was when they paid R20k back into his account!

There are people getting anything from R1500 to R3000 back per month. I dont know about you but in most cases that alone pays for you medical aid and some.

Yup those are the most common ones.

Gym

Health Foods

Medical Savings Booster

Ster Kinekor

Travel Discounts - on another thread a Vitality member travels internationally for ridiculously low prices

Kalula, British Airways, Emirates, Europcar

Internet Broadband

Then we have not even mentioned all the partners with Discovery Credit Card. You get cash back when shopping at these partners. Anything from 10 to 20%, depending on your status. Just another reason to get to Diamond.

Altech - cashback on your cell phone contract.

Pick n Pay, @home, Cape Union Mart, Clicks, Exclusive books, Frasers, Look & listen, Nandos, Reggies, Stuttafords, Totalsports, The Pro Shop, iStore, ToysRus, Contiki, World Leisure Holidays.

You dont have to undergo major life changes to take part in Vitality, it is there, you shop there already, why not get something out of it?

I will check out the website to see what other benefits I could be getting. At the moment I try to buy as much "healthy food" as possible, apart from the cash back, it is also healthy :D