My new baby.....and look what arrived in the post!!

Gerhardc

My new bike for Sani2C is taking shape.....and today my new America Classic rims arrived from CWCycles online!! Thanks CWC!!!

Jipeee!!!

Any ideas on the 2x10 chainset??..... I would dearly love to go 3x9 XT or 3x10 XT!!! Please give me advice! Can 2x10 crank be converted to 3x10 in any way??

I must say the Specialized Carbon SRAM 2x10 in very nice and super light, but I prefer 3 rings in front.... :huh:

post-5589-0-60747100-1300967876.jpg

post-5589-0-32007300-1300967890.jpg

Dude

You have a Specialized and American Classics. :thumbup:

What do you want to go 3x9 for !! :thumbdown:

Thats like going back to dial-up. :huh:

Grief! :rolleyes:

My large chain ring in front is only a 38 on 2x10 specialized sram...when we hit the open flat dirt roads, the guys with the 44 tooth ring leave me behind!!! :thumbdown: ......regardless how hard I peddle...

Can one just change the big ring on a 2x10 to a larger ring??? 38 to 42/44?? :huh:

Keep with easy gearing on the bike - you'll need it tow the Discovery :D

Nice combo though, that bike and the wheels. Enjoy!

You must be the first Hubber who, in the last 6 months, has bought a mountain bike that doesn't have the numbers 29 on the frame or wheels.

You must be the first Hubber who, in the last 6 months, has bought a mountain bike that doesn't have the numbers 29 on the frame or wheels.

All my mates have almost gone that route as well. I am HARD to convert!! No, just loved my previous 2009 Stumpie, and as such I rather stayed with it!! Also the riding position on the Stumpie compliments my riding style. :thumbup:

Nope, he is not the only one. I am sticking to old school 26. Also just bought Specialized Epic S-Works with triple front (Race Face Next SL)and 11-32 rear. It's worked for me for soooo long I can't convince myself to change. :thumbup:

Er... inkirrekt... I bought a 26er - hardtail nogal!

My large chain ring in front is only a 38 on 2x10 specialized sram...when we hit the open flat dirt roads, the guys with the 44 tooth ring leave me behind!!! :thumbdown: ......regardless how hard I peddle...

Can one just change the big ring on a 2x10 to a larger ring??? 38 to 42/44?? :huh:

What casette do you have, maybe try to go for an 11-? next time. If you are already on a 11, I am sure you can change the size of the large chainring.

If you had that same ratio on a 29er, you would have had less of a problem keeping up.

Just watch out for changing problems when you switch the chainring - could prove a problem if the jump from the small to the large ring is to great.

Nice bike!

What casette do you have, maybe try to go for an 11-? next time. If you are already on a 11, I am sure you can change the size of the large chainring.

If you had that same ratio on a 29er, you would have had less of a problem keeping up.

Just watch out for changing problems when you switch the chainring - could prove a problem if the jump from the small to the large ring is to great.

Nice bike!

Already on 11 at back...Thanks for advice! Appreciate it. :thumbup: