Parys Island Dirtmax MTB

ruib

Anyone here done the 60km of this event?Plan to do the 60km this Saturday 2 April

hey Ruib ive done it, not a very hard race mostly district dirt roads, the last 5km has some really nice singletrack, not too bad but not a race you want to do more than once IMO

Ruib, have done the 60km last month, and will also be doing it the 2nd. Loved it, found it not so easy esp if it is as hot as last month.

Nice singletrack at the end, and some nice assents and decents.

Hope to see you there

FC&P2C, I would not do the 60km on one, their is a part that you climb and decent in a "reserve" or farm that could be tricky as well as some parts of the last 5km singletrack.

If it was Babbas I would have said yes, you can, but this has some tricky sections for a cyclocross bike.

Not a bad ride out there around the ridge of the crater, nothing too technical, some rocky sections where you will need mtb. Can be a bit of a mudfest closer to the river. Small fields, and you get to pray before the race.

• 2 months later...

anyone doing the race on 2nd of July? Is the route still the same, mostly district roads? I need some distance before i hop over to Botswana in July.

Hi , I am also doing the 60km on the 2 July ,I have done a few in the past and the route is the same.It is a good event with farm roads and a few ups and downs.

I'm also keen to do it for the Tour de Tuli. How long should I plan for to get me there from Sandton?

• 1 month later...

Did our first dirtmax yesterday.

They only start at 9am which means one can reach them from Pta (160km) by leaving the same time we leave for the local races.

The track is a very good mix of fast and slow sections.

It is the largest % of regular casually dressed social riders in the mix, we have seen.

Wonderful atmosphere. Friendly, relaxed. Lots of families.

Parys looks like a pub crawlers paradise?

Will most definetly go back often.