Bottelary Hills MTB Trails

Hellwarp

Very keen to know when this will open and where it will go to : 

attachicon.gifIMG_20170603_144845243s.jpg

At the top of the Blue route where the 4x4 trail crosses it.

New blue route - about 7 km with at least 5 km of new single track.  Should finish building by next Friday  - then another week for signposting, sorting out snags, etc.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome stuff, good to see some new trail maintenance being done on our home trail :clap: .

That new piece on the Zevenwagt side of the cell phone mast that goes into the forest and back out towards the Rooikat ST is really nice, thanks a mill :thumbup:

Are you planning any maintenance on Mongoose downhill portion @dirtman? It's really taken a beating from this drought and extended use.

Edited by Buff_SA

Awesome stuff, good to see some new trail maintenance being done on our home trail :clap: .

That new piece on the Zevenwagt side of the cell phone mast that goes into the forest and back out towards the Rooikat ST is really nice, thanks a mill :thumbup:New ST on Zevenwacht side, where's this about I'm trying to picture it need to try it out this weekend

Are you planning any maintenance on Mongoose downhill portion @dirtman? It's really taken a beating from this drought and extended use.

where's this about I'm trying to picture it need to try it out this weekend

If you're riding from Hazendal side, go up Killer, all the way to the top, ride across the ridge towards Rooikat. Where you'd normally turn a sharp right through the trees towards Rooikat, carry on straight up that really steep rocky jeep track that heads up towards to Cell mast. About halfway up hook a right through the trees and follow the new markers. You climb a little more then head into the burnt forest section. It loops out to the right and back out again to where you almost started.

Refer to my masterpiece for directions :blush:

post-39501-0-24139700-1496754925_thumb.jpg

If you're riding from Hazendal side, go up Killer, all the way to the top, ride across the ridge towards Rooikat. Where you'd normally turn a sharp right through the trees towards Rooikat, carry on straight up that really steep rocky jeep track that heads up towards to Cell mast. About halfway up hook a right through the trees and follow the new markers. You climb a little more then head into the burnt forest section. It loops out to the right and back out again to where you almost started.

It is not really a "new" section- was built late last year, but was then closed down after the fire.  Was reopened about two weeks ago after repairs were made.  Just ride medium green or the whatever route will take you to the Ribbok single track and you will find this section about 100 meters after the switchback at the end of the downhill run.

Oh silly me????, I've done it before. Thanks though, haven't done the blue yet. Does blue route lead you back to fish eagle if you doing full red route.

Oh silly me, I've done it before. Thanks though, haven't done the blue yet. Does blue route lead you back to fish eagle if you doing full red route.

Yes, blue route joins up with red again and from red you can link to Fish Eagle - just remember to do the second leg of the blue route as well (going down the hill back to red).

is there a sign to "hook a right"?  i probably missed as i was gasping for air.

is there a sign to "hook a right"?  i probably missed as i was gasping for air.

Yes there is a sign.

It is about 2/3s up just before the gradient kicks just that little bit more to reach the top.

I'm guessing after yesterdays storm that the burnt forest section is going to be blocked again with fallen trees :wacko: Will try take a ride up tomorrow and check out the damage.