what tyre to use at karkloof

jwagga

What will be the best tyre combo for karkloof doing the race for the first time help please

It has been raining all week and will most likely be muddy and slippery so go with a wet tyre wiht lots of tread. It is going to be interesting.

What will work front and rear as I have a knobby nick to use and have to buy a new tyre 2 morrow what will work

Ive ridden Karkloof with a Excavator on the front and a race king on the back an had no probs :thumbup:

kenda nevagals mate. drop the nick if possible as they aren't strong enough for a lot of the riding around KZN (that's a long term suggestion, not necessarily for this weekend). but enjoy it bru!! its an awesome ride and the Gauntlet is brilliant!

Is it raining in the Karkloof right now?

I will have an answer later for you, one of my riding mates is calling the trail builder up there.

Did you get the email about the cut off for entries being tomorrow the 7 April from Mr Price?

Yup, I entered about 2 months ago...

If it is raining on Friday I wont ride it, that single track is technical enough in the dry.

Yup, I entered about 2 months ago...

If it is raining on Friday I wont ride it, that single track is technical enough in the dry.

For sure, the strange thing is that they said entries closed on Sunday, weird.

i got my mud tyres - but it still raining in pmb. I have ridden there in the pouring rain before and its not clayey mud but will still be challenging with lots of riders. hopefully it will start to dry up a bit.....but its doesnt look like that now

I ride Maxxis ardents. they are a mud - trail tyre with loads of grip and handle the wet conditions brilliantly.