1" Suspension Fork

DuncanCT

I'm thinking of converting an old steel MTB with the addition of a cheapish suspension fork.

Think i'm looking for a 1", preferably threadless setup.

Has anyone have any recommendations?

Never buy anything with 1" in its name. Your friends will laugh at you and you will develop an inferiority complex. Seriously.

Edited by Just Keep Pedaling

I'm thinking of converting an old steel MTB with the addition of a cheapish suspension fork.

Think i'm looking for a 1", preferably threadless setup.

Has anyone have any recommendations?

1"? why not just keep it rigid. And then convert it to an SS? What bike is it?

1"? why not just keep it rigid. And then convert it to an SS? What bike is it?

Think that's steerer size, not travel...

Think you may have quite an issue finding anything semi-decent, 1" steerers sailed with the ark. But put an ad in the wanted section, you never know what you might find.

Never buy anything with 1" in its name. Your friends will laugh at you and you will develop an inferiority complex. Seriously.

Unless it's 1" from the ground!

Think that's steerer size, not travel...

Think you may have quite an issue finding anything semi-decent, 1" steerers sailed with the ark. But put an ad in the wanted section, you never know what you might find.

Are they def not made anymore, think you can still pick-up 1" road bike forks, can't you?

Edited by DuncanCT

I have an old Giant Rincon which has a 1" steerer tube. Will be converting to SS commuter bike but now my question; where can I get a 1" stem? I have a standard bar, not the OS 31.8mm one. The current stem is rusted and manky looking.

Try looking on e-bay (www.ebay.com). That is the only place they can still be found....good luck

I have an old Giant Rincon which has a 1" steerer tube. Will be converting to SS commuter bike but now my question; where can I get a 1" stem? I have a standard bar, not the OS 31.8mm one. The current stem is rusted and manky looking.

What might be easier is to use a 1"1/8 stem with a shim. I've used it on a road bike of mine and it works fine.